Got my 622 Yesterday

kelton325

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2006
Circleville, OH
I am a new Dish sub , ordered on 2/12. My 622 was shipped on Thursday on 3/2, and I received it on Monday 3/6. I had a great time setting up the HDMI to DVI connection, hooking up my OTA antenna, hooking up and testing my phone connection, and setting up both remotes. I also explored every menu option available, but couldn't do much since I don't have a dish yet.

My install is set for Saturday (3/11), and I tried to get it moved up today, but couldn't. I'm going to keep trying every day in case something opens up. Otherwise I guess I'm stuck sitting here looking at this thing for 4 more days.

if the unit didnt come with a dpp 44, when you call in to inquire about moving install date up make sure its wriiten in plain english installer is to bring dpp 44 with him

Enjoy dish, if you can?
Im sure your experiences with them as a company will be far superior to mine

Last edited:
I didn't think I needed a dpp44. I should be getting a Dish 1000 (it is on the work order, ceo@echostar.com confirmed that). I plan to run one coax from the Dish 1000 to the separator that I got with the 622, then connect that to Sat 1 and Sat 2 inputs. I plan to split the TV2 output to feed 2 other TV's (it's OK that they would see the same output). Does that require a DPP44?

Thanks everyone for the information. I had started a separate thread here where we discussed my setup in depth and no one pointed out a dpp44 was needed. If someone could take a look at the attached picture and let me know where the dpp44 fits in, I would appreciate it. There were 4 different options I was considering and chose this one.

Attachments

• Option 4.jpg
    Option 4.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 167
Why are you folks saying he needs a DPP44? He doesn't, please ignore them, they are wrong.

Wrong.

The Dish Pro Plus Twin LNB, which is used in a dish 1000 supports the use of seperators.

Thanks for the debate guys! I appreciate the help... now if I can only get that install date moved up a couple of days so I can actually use my 622 :)

I did have some more fun last night setting up my Harmony 880 - so far it is doing an outstanding job turning the 622 on/off and navigating the menus.

Oh well, I should shut up as I actually got my unit when I was supposed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)