Got my 922 of course I'm clueless

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cbandjerk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
frozen north
Got my dsr922 from ebay. Everything looks ok so far.
Receiver number in status screen matches the UA sticker in the back.
The 7th digit in the serial is 4 so that means a 2004 right?

When I first hooked it up the sats looked like they were already programmed.
Pushed the guide button and wala! guide was already there.
Hooked it up like the old analog. Moves the dish and everything.
Even the sats around G1 seemed to be tuned pretty good.

So set it on G1 channel 3. Got the green DC light.
Did an online hit with NPS. (not sure if I was suppose to do that)

After messing with the guide for a few minutes. I get the guide not available
message.

So now how do I get the guide back? Do I have to have a sub to get the guide?

So it's just sitting on G1 ch3 waiting. I pushed the guide button 10s???

Clueless

You do have to be subbed to get the guide. Stay on G1 but go to channel 100 and try the rehit.
You can watch the trip counter (options 6-4) to see if it's taking the hit. The number should be increasing.
Although according to this from Skyvision you can be on ch.3 http://skyvision.com/pages/information_center/PDFs/922_hookup.pdf . But that's just for their programming, not sure if NPS will be the same. I don't have programming through NPS so someone else might know.

Try a soft reset while sitting on G1 channel 3 unplug receiver for 30 seconds than plug back in. After the receiver restarts than push the guide button. That should git the guide to work in a non subbed receiver always works on my 920.

NPS used to turn on the guide for free but I doubt it anymore. Program in your satellite positions. Options 6,4,4 Enter. Then when your done call either NPS, SRL/Skyvision and subscribe to something. Unless you want a big pack get an alacarte from SRL. This will automatically turn on your guide and all the "U" universal channels like ALTV.

NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band

Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming

C-band Satellite Programming - Packages and A la Carte

What really blew me away is that I had a guide it it when I first turned it on.
Then it disappeared when NPS did their hit.
Guess I should not have done that right away. I was getting some free digital
channels when the guide was up. Now nothing.

Another thing am I missing something here? Isn't this machine suppose to
do some stuff automatically?
I'm having to go satellite by satellite and tune it in. If this is really how this
works then I can understand why people get pissed off when the receiver resets.

Some of the sats I can't find or tune in because there are no analog signals
to find. Don't know when I'm on the sat or not.

What a pain

Did you setup a new account at NPS?
If so, the Guide is not turned "On" by default. You can ask them to turn it on, to make sure the receiver is working, before you subscribe.

Some of the sats I can't find or tune in because there are no analog signals
to find. Don't know when I'm on the sat or not.
The Channel Maps should still be there, just the Info is missing.
If you have G1, start there and work your way East, you should still get a Quality reading for the Channels.

Well I've got C4, G1, C4, G5 then everything is a mess. I've PBS on W4 and some shepard's chapel on G4.

Most of those have an analog channel on them. Some don't and I can't find them.
Probably doesn't matter seems a lot of the east sats don't have much dc2 on them anyway.

How did my sat map get so messed up? I know I probably did it but :eek:

Ok I think I have all me sats programmed now. Very similar to the old analog receiver, except maybe a little more difficult be of no analog signal to peak on.

Now that I'm here, where are all those free channels??

I find a big "0"

Unless you call nwnn news channel or catholic tv a big freebie :eek:

If you have to sub to get those free channels then there not really free are they?:rolleyes:

Ok I think I have all me sats programmed now. Very similar to the old analog receiver, except maybe a little more difficult be of no analog signal to peak on.

Now that I'm here, where are all those free channels??

I find a big "0"

Unless you call nwnn news channel or catholic tv a big freebie :eek:

If you have to sub to get those free channels then there not really free are they?:rolleyes:

If you bought your 4DTV for free channels of quality there few and far between. Except for things like Blackbelt, and the DMX channels. The rest are junk IMHO. If you pick up a sub you get ALTV great channel for free. Get the wallet out and get yourself some pay channels you like it's worth it. I average about $9.83 per month for my subscription channels can't do that on Cable or LSD :D

who are you subbing with tvro?

I use NPS right now. SRL and Skyvision I used too. I bounce around since I get my stuff in 3 month runs. If you want some alacarts SRL or Skyvision is now the way to go. NPS as of Jan 1st is insane and want you to buy there big packs for basics. I have some mini packs with them that I am grandfathered into so I can still do it. NPS still has the best prices on movie channels though. Look at whats offered then call the programmers and see what they can do.

Satellite Receivers C band and 4DTV satellite programming

C-band Satellite Programming - Packages and A la Carte

NPS - Your One Call Solution - CBAND Satellite Programming C-band

"ok now I'm confused. Do I have to be subbed or not to get the guide?"

Yes you will need to sub for the guide.

I use NPS and I have the digital max, some where around fifty bucks a month and well worth it. I don't sub anything on C band, I don't think there is anything left. TNT and CNN just moved to digital.

Pic of the guide working on my non subscribed 920 useing the unplug replug method.

Attachments

• Guide.jpg
    Guide.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 240
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)