Got my BUD.. now what to do..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2005
I ended up retrieving a 10 foot (I think.. it might be 9) M/A-Com C-band mesh dish. Cant beat the price of free with a dead horse, so I took it down for the guy and just needs some minor refurbishing.

The dish has alot of steel hardware that has rusted up, I am working on removing all of this to replace them. I will also go thru and repaint the entire dish, although it is mostly in good shape. I have all of the mesh panels, but two of them are a little twisted on the edges, so I will have to flatten them back out before reinstalling them.

One thing that concerns me is the LNB mount, there is a single aluminium pole coming out of the middle, that mounts directly into the feedhorn.. You can see it in the photos, that pole goes clear into the center of the scalar ring.. how does the signal pass thru this, and will it cause problems with a C/Ku feedhorn?

I am thinking I will have to fabricate mounting arms to the sides of the dish, instead of dead center like now.

I find it amusing that the motor used stainless hardware, but the mount itself is rusting, while the dish has no rust at all, and used non-stainless hardware ;)

I cant seem to find any information on this particular dish, or this motor, it looks like a H-H motor on steroids :)

I want to mount this thing up, but I cant dig a hole easily that my roommates will be happy with, I will probably have to fabricate a non penetrating mount with a palate and cinderblocks, then take the dish down during bad weather.

The dish itself only weighs about 100lbs, so I can take it down myself, but the motor nearly weighs as much as the dish, probably a good 80lbs or so!

Attachments

• DSC01994.jpg
    DSC01994.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC01995.jpg
    DSC01995.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC01996.jpg
    DSC01996.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 213
  • DSC01997.jpg
    DSC01997.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 200
You have a button hook feed support, not my favorite though it works, you may need guy wire to help hold the feed in the center when you ad a dual band feed with lnb's.

Looks like a fun project :). It'll be pretty cool if you can get that positioner working.

My little BUD has been a bit of a pain to get going but it seems that there is more english language content on C-band which makes it all worth it.

Good Luck with it!

it is not a button hook... its a straight pipe, no bends at all..I will have to take a photo to illustrate, but that will have to wait until after turkey day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)