Got my leased 622 today by UPS!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drock85

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
My install isn't till next week but UPS just delivered the 622 today at noon. :)
I was wondering can I get it activated even though I don't have the new dish yet? I can't believe I got it the csr didn't say to me about them shipping it to me. Oh by the way it doesn't have any component or hdmi wires with it.

are you upgrading to HD from no HD receivers or is this not the first HD receiver?

I ask because I'm upgrading to HD from all SD receivers, and would need the HDMI cable.

On other threads, it has been mentioned that if you activate the receiver you will be cancelling the install. If you need the install, wait. Call to see if you can move your date up, some have been successful but others such as myself were not so lucky.

LER said:
are you upgrading to HD from no HD receivers or is this not the first HD receiver?

I ask because I'm upgrading to HD from all SD receivers, and would need the HDMI cable.

I'm switching from all sd receivers too. I had to use my component wires I have for my dvd player to test it out. I'm supposed to get an hdmi wire in the mail soon got it off ebay. But yeah the only thing it comes with is regular video wires and a s-video wire.

And I called tech support and they said he couldn't activate my receiver and that I would just have to wait till the install day. :( But luckily my install day is on the 21st so I don't have to wait too long.

I also received my 622 today via UPS. Hooked it up, but Dish will not activate until the installer comes. I told them I already hooked it up, that I am replacing a 522, already have the 61.5 dish installed so their is nothing the installer would do but switch a few cables. I told them I am watching the HDTV demo channel as we speak. The CSR agreed to attempt the activation, but he then said he was blocked because of the install date. He could not verify that if he cancelled the install he would be able to activate the receiver either, so I left the install date of the 2/22 and sent an e-mail to ceo@dishnetwork.com telling them how stupid this policy was. Hopefully they can do something before the 22nd.

Guys, and this is just my gut feeling, there is NO way Dish will activate these without getting a signature for the 18 month commitment. And the only way they will get that is when they do the install.

I may be wrong, but we'll soon find out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)