Got my Sonic Voom headphones, now what?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Way cool. I'd get the benefit of using the 6' dish instead of the 90cm plus could use just one receiver for both KU and C-Band right?
yes

I have a dual cable going to that dish, into a dual LNBF.
yep I remember that. But to combine the C & KU you would need a diseqc switch or for sake of simplicity just use the built in 22k switch. WOrks much easier

That doesn't sound like much of a drawback, it sounds more exciting than the constantly troublesome traxis and 90CM dish setup I've got. Then I could use the geosat for both KU/C-band and the 410 keeps getting it's W5.

This sounds like a good solution.
ok that would work

Got one on order. Next is to decide what to do about receivers. I won't need the traxis anymore and the geosat leaves me without hd or AC3 again. Maybe it's time to find a clean used coolsat that does it all. I don't know those models but that would be an 8000 and up right?

Coolsat 8000 would get you HD & AC-3 with no extra equipment but there is no blind scan on the 8000.

I dont get why the Geosat doesnt get AC-3. I thought the rack mount units are pretty much like the regular units. I have the 200 and it works fine for AC-3

Seems to show what I think you're saying. There are three connections on the LNB. Since I have a dual cable setup, I would not need to loop like the image shows right?

You could run 2 cables in then you wouldnt need the loop through. But you would need a diseqc or 22k switch to combine them before going to the G-Box. Honstly I'd use the jumper wire.

Hookup for the jumper is like this
741%20copy21.png

>You could run 2 cables in then you wouldnt need the loop through.
>But you would need a diseqc or 22k switch to combine them before going
>to the G-Box. Honstly I'd use the jumper wire.

So when I use the jumper wire, then I'm back to one wire. That one wire would go into my geo (or which ever I end up with) then that would loop to the 410.

Sounds pretty straight forward, I love it.

yep. And setup would be pretty easy
Since you already have your C-Band sats locked in with the Geosat all you do is go to a C-Band sat (say 91W) and then set up the KU side. Use LNB LO Frequency 10750 and where it says 22k turn that ON for all KU Band sats. Then set up the G-Box to stop at that location if you pick a C-Band or KU Band channel on 91W. Yes you can set up motors to stop at the same spot for 2 different satellites in the menu.

I'm helping Radio with the same thing but just on a larger dish (and he doesnt have a G-Box set up...yet)...post 28 shows the progress
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/234368-freeing-bird-view-4d-fta-pansat.html

>Yes you can set up motors to stop at the same spot for 2 different satellites
>in the menu.

I was wondering about that but figured each position seems to have it's own settings so should be good to go.

You know what, I think I'm going to try something a little different. I'm going to see if I can get my Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 card working with this setup. My preference would have been to have one cable for W5 and the other shared for KU/C if possible.

I guess I should close this thread then because I've I will not be using the decoder. I will be trying to use a PCI card and or buying a new receiver which covers my needs. Of course, this thread lead to some cool new ideas and I appreciate the input.

Thanks.

Mike

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)