Got Sirius for Christmas!

shadowman11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Aloha, Oregon
My better half took my hints and got me the Xact PNP for Christmas. I've wanted Sirius ever since it was added to Dish Network programming.

To those who may get this same reciever, I think the FM modulator leaves alot to be desired in regards to sound quality, plus its difficult to find an unused frequency in large metro areas. That being said, I bought a cassette interface and now I'm really pleased with the sound quality.

Congrats!! Sirius is one of the best investments I spend on monthly. I feel for ya on the FM Modulation problem. That's why I got an aux input adapter for my factory radio and directly wired my PnP in.

congrats shadowman!

I too am aboard the Sirius train :)

Got the Sanyo unit (the little square one with the blue background). Got it hooked up and activated on Christmas night (of all times)

The only thing I wish this one had was a remote....on the plus side, the FM modulator has the whole frequency bandwith (88.1-107.9). So being in Mpls, its hard to find one but 97.7 worked real good :)

Love Hair Nation and the Roadhouse (weird combo but hey) :)

I had the same problem with my Audiovox PNP2 and resolved it with the AudioVox FM Antenna Switch. You plug it inline with your radio antenna. Then you plug the switch into the FM out port. When you turn on the PNP, it "shuts off" your FM antenna so that you can use any frequency. It works great. It only took me 10 minutes and the sound is great.

I don't know if it will work with other radios, but you could call them to find out. The customer service was great and I had the unit the next day. Their # is 1-800-229-1235. It cost ~ $20 with shipping.

Good luck!

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

That FM Switcher will work with just about every PnP that has an FM Out jack. You may have to get a jack adapter though.

Yep, you can get it at CC.. For the older radios, you want the SIRSWB.. for newer radios, you want the SATSWB. They both are basically the same, except for the size of the plug. Either will work with both generations of radios, but you may need a size adapter (make sure it is MONO) to make fit.

I tried CC but eventhough their website and store said they had it in stock, when I got their, they couldn't find it. The sales guys didn't even know they existed. AudioVox worked out better for me.

FM switcher

...one other thing I noticed is the Xact ran very hot when in FM mode. Now I have an extra wire from my cassette deck to deal with but the sound quality is awesome....oh yea, the volume was blowing me out of my car at 1/2 plus. I took it down to 2 bars, and lowered my stereo volume and bass.

Would I get anything besides 1 less wire by going with the FM Switcher?

I'm a happy Sirius customer!! :rolleyes:

If you are happy with the cassette adapter, then you probably won't notice any difference with the antenna switch. I noticed some nose and squeaking with the cassette adapter so I returned it and found the switch. No more problems.

Sirius ROCKS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts