Got the "problem with your signal" call

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Didn't recognize the number so sent to voicemail. It was Dish saying my receiver is reporting problems with signal strength, and sure enough when I checked, my signal on all 3 EA sats are in the 30s, when they used to be in the 50s.

Going to assume it's an LNB drift issue and not an alignment issue, as all 3 sats are experiencing similar drops in signal level. Not going to pull the trigger yet on an appointment as I've "moved" and NHL playoffs start tonight. Don't want to miss any games having to "move" back long enough to have the service call.

Reactions: TheKrell
And this is a great service to subs: Get to signal problems before customers leave for competitors. Now there are few other things Dish could do to keep people from leaving.

Probably the Audit Police are the ones making those calls.:nana
That department has been around for a very long time. That is why it's good to have it connected to internet, it sends reports. The audit police, if still around, are a completely different level.

Reactions: sunelec
Yeah if your Hopper is connected to the Internet then the Tech should be sending the receiver status at the end of each install/service call. You might receive phone calls about setting up service appointments in regards to your signal when it reaches critical levels. The Hopper actually sends out SOS or Distress signals when this happens and that is what triggers those phone calls. The majority of Service appointments I responded to ended up being 1 of 3 things. #1 was movement in Dish, either by weather or roof work. #2 was LNB Drift. The third was a mixture of Customer interference messing with the dish/equipment or system malfunction

Reactions: charlesrshell
I noticed the drip loop had come undone up near the dish, so it's possible to be water intrusion in the line as opposed to LNB drift as I first suspected. In a few weeks I'll set up the appt. and know for sure.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They called us a couple of months ago. The LNB wasn't installed quit right back in 2012 and slipped loose over time. Nice service. Didn't take long. The guy was really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did not know that Dish monitors the signal strength. I will check the alignment on my dish this Summer after the storms this past Winter. I generally always do, but rarely do I have to adjust them, as years ago I added a brace to the 1000.2 LNB cluster as it will flop back and forth in high winds with the heavy weight of the LNB cluster. It also keep the dish more ridged.

Years ago, I got such a call and was not noticing any problems. But the numbers indicated failing, and they did a replacement.

Years ago, I got such a call and was not noticing any problems. But the numbers indicated failing, and they did a replacement.
Yep, that's the boat I'm in now. I'll set up the appt when it's convenient for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)