Got treated like crap by Apple and AT&T for iphone purchase.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Who is that with? 3 Lines for $100?? What would 2 lines be?

I got in on the old Sprint SERO package almost 2 years ago for 500 min $30 a month line with all the unlimited add-ons. I added a second one to my account in Nov and a third one last month. It's not available to new customers at this price though.

The current deal they have at Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com - 383 is the number - for login )for 2 lines is:

$109 for 1600 min(shared) for 2 lines. I believe it's also still free activation and free overnight shipping for the phones.

Each line includes:
This plan includes

* Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
* Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
* Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
* Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $14.99/mo./line

Sprint SERO plan. I was on it too and the price was great but the coverage in my area was terrible. My bill more than doubled when I went to the iPhone but the coverage is much better. I'm all for a great deal but the quality of the service just wasn't there for me.

All depends on your area for any cell provider... AT&T has good coverage here but their call quality and call failure rate just plain out sucks. Always check the coverage maps before you sign any contract.

I hope you sold your SERO plan to someone. I still see people paying over $100 just for you transfer the account into their name...even with no phone!

I got in on the old Sprint SERO package almost 2 years ago for 500 min $30 a month line with all the unlimited add-ons. I added a second one to my account in Nov and a third one last month. It's not available to new customers at this price though.

The current deal they have at Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program (russ.s.mcguire@sprint.com - 383 is the number - for login )for 2 lines is:

$109 for 1600 min(shared) for 2 lines. I believe it's also still free activation and free overnight shipping for the phones.

Each line includes:
This plan includes

* Unlimited data: Web surfing, email, BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS), GPS Navigation, Music Premier, TV Premier, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM
* Unlimited messaging: Text, pictures and video
* Talk: Unlimited mobile to mobile, night calling and weekends starting at 7 p.m., nationwide long distance and no roaming charges
* Lines 1-2 included. Lines 3-5 are $14.99/mo./line

Normal pricing is $129.99 per month.

All depends on your area for any cell provider... AT&T has good coverage here but their call quality and call failure rate just plain out sucks. Always check the coverage maps before you sign any contract.

I hope you sold your SERO plan to someone. I still see people paying over $100 just for you transfer the account into their name...even with no phone!

I was more concerned with just getting out of it without the ETF which I was able to work out since there was a change in one of the administrative charges.
You're right, it all depends on the area and for people in a good Sprint area, you can't beat that deal! I do love the iPhone though and I think they'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers :D

For 1500 min instead of 1600 min...true...also the price for line 3-5 is $5 more a month. Still a steal ;)

Regular pricing for lines 3-5 is $20 per line. The pricing from the employee referral program is really good, but their regular pricing is just OK. How long do you get the referral pricing for?

Regular pricing for lines 3-5 is $20 per line. The pricing from the employee referral program is really good, but their regular pricing is just OK. How long do you get the referral pricing for?

The steal is the employee referral ones even though the $30 one isn't there anymore. Go get Blackberry from AT&T with unlimited data/text with 500 min and I bet it is more than $60.

You keep it as long as you don't change your plan. I know some people with a retention plan from way back in 2002 and the price hasn't changed.

I just had to turn my old iPhone in due to a hardware problem, they gave me a brand new phone for no charge. 3G isn't the greatest in my particular area, but I turn 3G off at the house and it runs fine of EDGE, and I have wifi at the house for when I want to surf, get a sports score, listen to slacker or pandora, or whatever. Overall I'm pleased, any problems I have had have been resolved promptly. I don't even complain about paying $100 a month for phone service. :D

I have the standard Sprint Family plan (1500 anytime/mo, 3 phones) and it's great.

Unlimited everything except the anytime minutes.

We hardly use the phone anytime minutes, but I (ab)use the hell out of the data and text.

(teenager on one of the phones...., 'nuff said).

I absolutely love my Touch pro, my wife loves her Lotus, and the kid likes her Rumor.

They do. It's $10 a month for every phone in the family, we've got it on 5 lines. So I pay $50 a month for unlimited data on 5 phones.

Too bad iPhones are excluded.

I have a 3 phone family plan. And one of the phones is my iPhone. I just pay the usual family plan rate, plus $30 for unlimited iPhone usage.

Try Wal-Mart usually those people don't know what they're doing and they'll give you the phone. Plus I can see since the contract wasn't up yet. I've never heard of a 3 year contract though. If I log into my account I can get the iphone 8g 3g phone for $199 so they don't know what they're talking about.

And Blackberries too

Well, all the smartphones are... but if you pop your sim in an old cheapy phone when you sign up, they'll never know.

I've had the standard non-smartphone cheap data plan for several years... on 5 different non-qualifying smartphones.

4 out of the 5 phones on my family data plan technically don't qualify.....

I bought a refurb at best buy for $99 a few weeks ago. I had to pay $200 to upgrade since I had got an eternity in December. So $299 total for the Iphone was alright with me.

I got our iPhones for $199 each after 18 months on our current contract. (or was it 20?) ATT lets subs upgrade for the promo price a few months before their contracts actually expire.

(Plus, I get 13% off my monthly bill by using an affiliate company employee discount. So, I got that goin for me...which is nice.)

The at&t rep was full of crap. I was under contract with over a year left on my contract, when I purchased the original Iphone 2G. I got it for the $299 price with a new 2 year contract. After about 7 months, while at ATL airport I had the phone in my lap as I was using the Bluetooth Headset, dropped my phone when reaching to get the ticket to park my car. When I realized my phone was missing I ran all the way to the place where you enter the parking garage and saw my phone glass face down. The glass was smashed, as a car had run over it.
On my way back to Nashville I stopped into an at&t store in Marrieta and had to buy a replacement Iphone 3G for $199 as the 2G was not sold anymore. I had to extend my contract again for 2 years.
So I know you can do it.
I also know that if you look on your account for upgrade eligibilty, all pda's, iphone etc. are always eligible for an upgrade.

Try doing it online on his at&t account.

Last edited:
mruk69-

First the big difference is you were replacing a broken iphone. In his case the phone he is replacing is a low cost basic AT&T POS phone whose battery is shot and doesn't hold a charge. Of Course he could buy a new battery but they want $70 for the over priced battery. He now uses the POS phone with a cord. Can you imaging that? He truly has a "car phone" Anyway, back OT. Monday we have an appointment to speak to an AT&T Manager and it is expected that they will wave the remaining 7 month on the wait period.
Apple is really out of the picture since they have nothing to do with contract upgrades. I'm only involved with this because he wants one badly and my wife and I agreed to budget $200 for his Birthday / Graduation present.
Frankly, as far as I'm concerned the iphone was a great innovation back in 2007 but it is over priced, too limited in features, and the network sucks, the customer service sucks... I would only own one as a joke. I would still depend on my real PDA that does everything I want it to. The best thing the iphone did for me is make my apple stock do well. I understand the Apple cult community mindset very well. It's addictive and intoxicating. :)

Well, we finally got the iphone gift for my son-in-law. We decided to do it at the Apple Store and had no problems this time. They cheerfully got him a new phone transferred his SIM card info and I paid the $199 for the phone cost. Simple! As I understand this silly upgrade process, once AT&T adjusted his account so he could get the upgrade 7 months early, the Apple guy had no problem doing the sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)