Grease a Skyvision actuator?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

orthoclipse

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Any owners of a Skyvision Ultra Power dish mover, do you apply grease to this dish mover?

The mover looks very similar to the Venture branded ball screw (Maxi Ball Srew) model which I previously owned. This had a special inlet port which could be connected to a grease gun. There's no such inlet on the Skyvision model and lately I have noticed creaking noises from the actuator.

Any suggestions welcome.

h**p://www.skyvision.com/store/mi1010028.html

Any owners of a Skyvision Ultra Power dish mover, do you apply grease to this dish mover?

The mover looks very similar to the Venture branded ball screw (Maxi Ball Srew) model which I previously owned. This had a special inlet port which could be connected to a grease gun. There's no such inlet on the Skyvision model and lately I have noticed creaking noises from the actuator.

Any suggestions welcome.

h**p://www.skyvision.com/store/mi1010028.html

If you don't have grease fittings the only thing you can do is remove the weather boot and oil the arm. I have a weather boot on my Thompson Saganaw 24" arm and never did anything except grease the gimble brackets twice a year. It's been in use since May 1989 with no problems.

Thanks for the reply.

I took a chance and inserted grease through the drainage holes and the creaking stopped after the grease worked its way through the actuator .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)