Great, Big Dish!

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
Thanks to all on this forum with their "big" dish comments.
The last big rain here in LA still took out my signal. Because of what I learned here I called Voom and requested the Big Dish.

The Installs Inc. guy, same one that's been here several times in the past to help with fine tuning things (yeah for consistency), came well within the 4 hour block. He was in and out of here in about 20 minutes. My signal strength as good as ever at 96. So bring on the rain. I want to try out the new toy.

P.s...

p.s.

The installer didn't have any Voom shirts (darn) and he knew of no mandatory meeting. He did say his Voom installs have been at 2-3 per day for months now.

socalpanman,

How big is that 'big dish' you're talking about?

The one they installed for me is definitely bigger than any I've previously seen with either E* or D*.

The H said:
socalpanman,

How big is that 'big dish' you're talking about?

The one they installed for me is definitely bigger than any I've previously seen with either E* or D*.

I had an 18" as big as my old D. The size of bebop kick drum.
Now it's a round 24". The size of a standard rock kit, bass drum. :)

Hi Vicky,

I am also in the Sac area, in the Natomas Area. Are you able to receive bay-area stations? If so, which antenna do you have?
On a related note, I called voom Sunday night requesting the 24'' dish due to rain fade. I also requested an atenna upgrade since not all of the stations come in.

Thanks,

Uno

unoquatrouno, I currently have a Winegard HD7210, with a pre-amp. Last summer for a period of time I got KGO and one other channel out of the bay area, bit it was "spotty". However, that was also on just the original OTA, not an upgrade. Can't think of the name right now, but if you check my posts around June or July, it should show be noted.

I'm a little bewildered right now, because I now have what should be a much better antenna, but am not getting any better reception on what was always my problem channel, NBC Channel 3 (along with their sister channel 58). What with the new DMA roll-out (which I haven't even tried to keep up to speed with), I don't know what's up! The only thing I can say for sure is that today, even with the high winds, I got 95-96 signal strength on Channel 3 mid-day. Couldn't bring it in early this AM or later this PM. I'm showing lots of channels (presumably with the DMA rollout) that I'm not actually getting, and haven't yet taken time to check out the DMA info.

But my satellite signal is solid, and I haven't seen any major problems from what little time I've had to watch lately. Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts