Great deal at SatelliteAV dish, 2 lnbfs, bracket, switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
SatelliteAV.com has a great deal for $105, the dish is charcoal-colored and has a rotating bracket and two linear LNBFs. It was $35 shipping to my location (3000 miles away).

* 1 GEOSATpro 90cm Dish
* 1 GEOSATpro 4 Degree Rotating Bracket
* 2 GEOSATpro Standard Linear Mini Bullet LNBFs (World's Smallest LNBF)
* 1 GEOSATpro DiSEqC 2x1 Switch
* 2 Coax Jumper Cables - 1 Meter (39") Length RG-6 with Weatherproof Compression F-Fittings

Receive two different linear Ku-band satellites at the same time with this setup.
Separately the total is $145 plus $35 shipping, save $40.
Requires an FTA receiver. Those familiar with these LNBFs know they are tiny and have great gain.

What about 2 sats at 2 deg separation? (97-IA5 and 95-G3 come to mind) Is it possible to pick up both with a single lnb/dish? Or, is there such a thing as a 2 degree dual mount?

I am thinking about some Chinese neighbors that might be interested in programming on both of those sats, but may not want a motor due to cost or complexity.

GaryPen said:
What about 2 sats at 2 deg separation? (97-IA5 and 95-G3 come to mind) Is it possible to pick up both with a single lnb/dish? Or, is there such a thing as a 2 degree dual mount?
I am thinking about some Chinese neighbors that might be interested in programming on both of those sats, but may not want a motor due to cost or complexity.

It can't really be done easily mostly due to the interference and of course the physical size of the LNBF aperture. Star Choice has an integrated dual-LNBF that achieves 3.8-degree spacing in this band.. don't think that will help you. PrimeStar was rumored to try that also but we all know what happened to them.

I built and re-built several designs using a motor and fancy brackets, bigger dishes, ellipticals, etc., in order to get all those Chinese channels for my family but I ended up signing up for DISH Network Great Wall and the ETTV package instead. The cheap motor developed play that kept it from moving 2-degrees back and forth in a reliable fashion. You can always get two 76cm dishes for about $50-70 each--most shops only hit you with the huge shipping charge for one dish if you buy multiple dishes (Sadoun is one of the shops that heavily promotes multi-dish shipping).

I was thinking of using an unused 100cm Winegard to see if it's possible to get 95- and 97-degrees but a larger dish only makes the focal points smaller and I can't visualize how that can work without lots of fiddling and I'm dead-set against duct tape and wooden shims...

Anyway I now have a fascinating new hobby. I even have spare DirecPC, DirecTV, and even an old AlphaStar dish my mother-in-law used just to receive CCTV4 in analog mode Ku-band which I think went to DVB some time ago.

Last edited:
We have tested a prototype 2 degree twin monoblock LNBF. Probably not worth developing and bringing to North American market since the demand would be so small. Good performance, but cost per unit would be very high!!!! Did I mention very high?

SatelliteAV said:
We have tested a prototype 2 degree twin monoblock LNBF.
Do you have any news on the 4 degree monoblock mentioned in the Sky Angel thread?

Iceberg said:
look above at 1st post. Its now available
That's the discrete LNB's and switches. The monoblock has the LNB's and switches in a single housing and would look neater and probably more reliable being sealed from the weather.

my bad. I went through and found the old thread that we had in the Sky Angel forum and bumped it up. It had some good stuff on different ways of getting some Sky Angel channels with a FTA setup (especially after 3ABN got booted off)

Attachments

• 4DEGREEBRACKET.JPG
    4DEGREEBRACKET.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 131
V_H said:
That's the discrete LNB's and switches. The monoblock has the LNB's and switches in a single housing and would look neater and probably more reliable being sealed from the weather.

The 4 degree Monoblock has completed testing and is in production. Should be available within 6 to 8 weeks. We added a little suprise that will be another first for fta! The few peope who have tested and seen the prototypes were first sworn to secrecy then gave the gave two thumbs up sign and asked why the idea hadn't been done before.

Satellite Guys will know about the suprise first!

SatelliteAV said:
Probably not worth developing and bringing to North American market since the demand would be so small. Good performance, but cost per unit would be very high!!!! Did I mention very high?

SatelliteAV said:
The 4 degree Monoblock has completed testing and is in production. Should be available within 6 to 8 weeks.

Will it be availiable in North America? When you say the price will be very high, how much will it be?

BKP said:
Since I'm so new to this - my question is.. Are those the only satellite combinations available listed on the product page.

http://www.satelliteav.com/shop/item/DEA1

Also, why couldn't I find AMC 15 and 16 on LyngSat...

The list is fairly complete, but take these combos with a grain of salt:

AMC2 / IA8 - only a few feeds on AMC2
G11 / G3C - if you don't need CCTV, then only a few feeds on G3C
G3C / G4R - probably the weakest combo of the group
G4R / AMC1 - only a few feeds on G4R
AMC4 / AMC15 - only encrypted DISH channels (circular?) on AMC15
Satmex6 / Satmex5 - only a few feeds an on Satmex6, also limited footprint
AMC16 / G10R - only encrypted DISH channels (circular?) on AMC16

Missing from the list is G10R / G13. There's also the potential for an Anik F1/2 combo but it's mostly DCII channels.

That said, there's several strong combos in the mix. I was going to order a motorized dish, but now I'm thinking to start with one of these dual LNB kits and possibly upgrade (or add on) later.

Here's the ones that I think are noteworthy:
AMC5 / AMC9 - feeds
AMC9 / AMC3 - feeds and PBS
AMC3 / G11 - PBS and sports feeds
IA8 / IA6 - feed'o'rama
IA6 / IA5 - feeds and ethnic/religious
IA5 / AMC4 - relig'o'rama, Fox and Portugese
G10R / G13 - network programming, but only few feeds on G13

My dream is to have two Geosatpro 90's on the garage, one with the dual and another motorized, but to start the big question would be where to point. I'm leaning toward AMC3 / G11 for PBS/PBS HD and sports feeds. I wish SBS6 had another sat 4 degrees away :no

kymics said:
The list is fairly complete, but take these combos with a grain of salt:

AMC2 / IA8 - only a few feeds on AMC2
G11 / G3C - if you don't need CCTV, then only a few feeds on G3C
G3C / G4R - probably the weakest combo of the group
G4R / AMC1 - only a few feeds on G4R
AMC4 / AMC15 - only encrypted DISH channels (circular?) on AMC15
Satmex6 / Satmex5 - only a few feeds an on Satmex6, also limited footprint
AMC16 / G10R - only encrypted DISH channels (circular?) on AMC16

Missing from the list is G10R / G13. There's also the potential for an Anik F1/2 combo but it's mostly DCII channels.

That said, there's several strong combos in the mix. I was going to order a motorized dish, but now I'm thinking to start with one of these dual LNB kits and possibly upgrade (or add on) later.

Here's the ones that I think are noteworthy:
AMC5 / AMC9 - feeds
AMC9 / AMC3 - feeds and PBS
AMC3 / G11 - PBS and sports feeds
IA8 / IA6 - feed'o'rama
IA6 / IA5 - feeds and ethnic/religious
IA5 / AMC4 - relig'o'rama, Fox and Portugese
G10R / G13 - network programming, but only few feeds on G13

My dream is to have two Geosatpro 90's on the garage, one with the dual and another motorized, but to start the big question would be where to point. I'm leaning toward AMC3 / G11 for PBS/PBS HD and sports feeds. I wish SBS6 had another sat 4 degrees away :no

Thanks, that straighten me out on that..

Didn't G4 change, or move to, G16..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)