Great deal on a nice home theater in a box

griz_fan

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 13, 2004
Meridian, Idaho
The Onkyo HT-SR800 is a really nice home theater in box, much nicer than anything I've seen in its price range, and Onkyo has a great sale on refurbished units right now. On the official Onkyo outlet website (Shop Onkyo) they have this deal:

Shop Onkyo link to the HT-SR800

1. Create an account on Shop Onkyo to qualify for special pricing.
2. "Member" price is $329
3. Current 10% St. Patrick's Day discount applied at checkout
4. Apply your 10 "member points" during checkout to save another $10
5. UPS ground shipping included

By my calculations, that comes out to $286.10 shipped, this system normally retails fro $450.

This gets you a 7.1 system with lots of inputs (2 HDMI in (switching only), 2 optical inputs, 2 digital coax inputs), support for both XM and Sirius, Odyssey auto calibration (mic included), and a decent amount of power.

Refurb units come with a 1 year warranty from Onkyo. I have a refurb 605 receiver that's been great.

But... This is a limited time offer, the coupon expires soon, and inventory fluctuates greatly, so if you're interested, move fast or you will miss out.

There is really no GREAT deals when getting a H/T in a box ESPECIALLY A REFURB. They are cheap, of lackluster quality and power, limited in most ways; rarely expandable and you can generally do a bit more research, spend a few more dollars, and get a 1000% better product separately; and new.

There is really no GREAT deals when getting a H/T in a box ESPECIALLY A REFURB. They are cheap, of lackluster quality and power, limited in most ways; rarely expandable and you can generally do a bit more research, spend a few more dollars, and get a 1000% better product separately; and new.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

I wish charper1 would come out of his shell and not hold back for a change.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)