Great Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dalirahma

Original poster
Sep 8, 2004
I just wanted to let everyone know about a GREAT experience I had with my installation of Direct TV. I was having trouble installing the dish myself. So I came to these forums in search of advice. In doing so, I found user PSB (www.psbsatellite.com) and realized he works in my area. I contacted him via email on Saturday and he was at my house bright and early Sunday morning to assist with the install. He was extremely knowledgeable, professional and courteous. He pays very close attention to detail and it shows in his work. Needless to say, the install went very well and my family and I are extremely happy.

Moral of the story: I highly recommend using his services if you can. And if I ever need some additional equipment, I’ll be sure to order the equipment through him.

That’s all. Great forum.

Todd R

glad you had a good experience with the install. It is good to know that there are still professionals out there who take pride in their work. Quite often the customers are assumed to be lacking beforehand knowledge of installs, that they are taken advantage of because the installer sees them as not knowing what's going on anyway, so he can cut corners where he sees fit.

My system was installed about 3 weeks ago and i did a bit of research before even ordering the system. When my installer arrived he asked if i had any experience with satellite systems and i told him i had never even seen one in operation (when in fact i had beforehand knowledge of what he should be doing as far as the install). Everything he did was to the "T" and he was very quick and knowledgeable when asked questions. His professionalism was astounding and did not rush through anything, even down to programming the remotes and explaining the D10's operation.

Excellent. You're the one who had the hole in the trees and the neighbors fence to contend with, right? Where did the pole/dish ultimately end up getting situated?

Welcome to D*, just bought ESPN game plan myself last night (to see my beloved team play which was not available otherwise.)

walkerjs said:
Excellent. You're the one who had the hole in the trees and the neighbors fence to contend with, right? Where did the pole/dish ultimately end up getting situated?

Welcome to D*, just bought ESPN game plan myself last night (to see my beloved team play which was not available otherwise.)

Yeah, I am the one who had the pole. As it turned out, the pole location would not work. PSB found a great spot on my roof to install. I was previously told by other people that my roof would never work. The roof is a much better place...no burying cable. It's good to find someone to help you that has the skill and is honest and hard working.

I almost wept with joy as I surfed through all the Sunday Ticket games! :clap

Way to go Pete :)

I had Pete install a free to air motor for my system a while back. He made the 45 minute drive on a Saturday to install it.

He is very good at what he does :):)

Thanks for the mention Todd, it really makes the job worthwhile meeting nice folks like you and your family : ) And the music really made me feel at home, talking of music here is a link to BBC Radio 1 where you can listen to John Peel LIVE Tues-Thurs at 4-6pm CST. Or listen to the digitally recorded shows from the past week, right up your alley, it was sad to hear of Johnny Ramones death this morning after us talking about the band just the other day, they are all gone now but their music will live on!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio1_promo.shtml

Its great when a customer becomes a friend like "Iceberg" it means I can do shoddy work for him and he cant complain : ) Thanks for the support Tony!

PSB said:
Its great when a customer becomes a friend like "Iceberg" it means I can do shoddy work for him and he cant complain : ) Thanks for the support Tony!

It means I wont pay you next time :D:D

Thanks for the link to the Peel Show, Pete. I actually already looked up some info, but the direct link will save me some time.

And thanks again for the help. It has gotten me interested in the technology. I'll be sure to browse these forums for tips and tricks.

ToddR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)