Great Installer!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FredC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Hey all, just wanted to let everyobdy know what a great install I had yesterday.

The installer ( Vlad) called 2 times, once at noon (I had a noon to 5 appointment) letting me know he expected to be at my home about 4-4:15. At 3:30 he called, asking if he could have untill 4:45. I said sure. At 4:30 he rang my bell. I explained what I wanted done (a DP Quad installed, and hook up my DPP44 switch, install the 625). Before he started anything, he checked each tv that had a receiver, checked the cables, and got everything together.
I went outside with him to heel the ladder, as there was still some snow on the roof (Chicago). Once on the roof, he changed every connection that was to the old quad lnb with new ones, installed the new lnb, and checked the dish to make sure it was secure. Inside in the basement where the DPP44 is, he again changed each connector and checked everything out. He then ran a check switch on each receiver, check the picture quality and made sure I was happy with everything.
I was very happy with the work he did. He was very professional, new his job, and was friendly at the same time. He thanked me for helping with the ladder (I didn't want the poor guy falling off the second floor!) and also gave me a 90 day warranty from him. Any problem, call him directly and he will make it right. Pretty good deal and work from a subcontractor for Dish!
I have his name and number, and next time I need something done from Dish, it's him only!!:) :up

Glad everything went well and you got it installed the way you want it for future expansion(s).

Nice of him to call and let you know of the initial time frame and then any delays. It's miserable hanging around the house, waiting and not knowing.

Nice. Consider yourself blessed. Tip people like that. ;)

You bet I did! It was cold out also, so made him a pot of coffee as well! I ALWAYS appriciate a well done job! He should have been able to have a nice lunch with a couple of cold ones, on me. :up

All installers are required to hold a 90 day warranty on all their work, but changing out all the fittings is above and beyond. Plus, with the stress of the job, many installers are very short with customers, it's good to see people who take pride in their job like that. Though I also like bad installers because they make me look good :p kudos to him

All installers are required to hold a 90 day warranty on all their work, but changing out all the fittings is above and beyond. Plus, with the stress of the job, many installers are very short with customers, it's good to see people who take pride in their job like that. Though I also like bad installers because they make me look good :p kudos to him

I guess we are lucky here,They just required from us a 30 day warranty,But most important is to make a well done job from the start and avoid angry costumers with a svc call warranty:p

Thats good, im glad to hear a positive story for a change!

Probably gave you his direct number so if you did have a problem they would not setup a service call to have someone else come out and fix it so he would not be charged back!

I stopped doing that when stupid people started calling and getting me in trouble with my office because they didn't know how to work their vcr....

I ended up having to drive 120 miles one day for no pay when everything could have been handled over the phone with a call agent.

I stopped doing that when stupid people started calling and getting me in trouble with my office because they didn't know how to work their vcr....

I ended up having to drive 120 miles one day for no pay when everything could have been handled over the phone with a call agent.

I don't trust call agents. For all I know they could set up a trouble call on a whim. I'd rather do my best to talk them through it over the phone... Yes, stupid people call me all the time. But usually I only have to talk to them once. If a really stupid person calls back I let it go to voicemail and listen to their message. If they are TOO stupid, I let them call dish. Unless I know it's a technical problem that I have to fix on-site. The I'll set up a time when I can come out... If the problem wasn't my fault, I'll set up a TC myself on their account so I can get paid.

Ya but with my office I have to go to their house personally, regardless of where my route is. One time I drove 120 miles on sunday (my only day off) because a guy had unplugged everything and didn't know how to plug it back in right (of course when he called the office he only told them that it wasn't working, and not that he had messed with it)

I try at all times to configure everything so that all the existing devices stay intact and work exactly the way as they have before.

I take a paint marker and wright on the back of the remotes exactly what channel/input each device needs to be on.

If they can't figure it out then, I think it's time to find a hobby.

none is expected, give what you think is appropriate if you feel the installer went above and beyond what he was sent to do. Most installers have set fees for most things, but if he gets there and you change your mind about things and he has to do more work than would be normally expected then its good to tip him. Basically, it's whatever you feel is right. Largest tip I've received was 50 bucks, but that's just because I was stuck at the customers house for like 4 hours because they kept wanting things changed on the work order and I kept my happy face on the whole time :)

none is expected, give what you think is appropriate if you feel the installer went above and beyond what he was sent to do. Most installers have set fees for most things, but if he gets there and you change your mind about things and he has to do more work than would be normally expected then its good to tip him. Basically, it's whatever you feel is right. Largest tip I've received was 50 bucks, but that's just because I was stuck at the customers house for like 4 hours because they kept wanting things changed on the work order and I kept my happy face on the whole time :)

Hrm... see, that's all well and noble, but I could EASILY make $150 in that same four hours... I doubt I would have kept my happy face. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)