Great News!!!!

he said he will call me back next week and I'm leasing with Dish. We didn't talk about contracts. I just said that if I had to I would jump ship and said that you guys wouldn't like that. He said no we wouldn't then said I will get either 2 411s or 211s free of charge

When I called about a month back, I could get a 411 for $50 + 1yr , tho now I think the REP lied to me saying 1yr agreement, and that its 18 months, but Ill see soon (when I call sometime this month)

Reefer123 said:
personally I hope they offer some type of 811 to MPEG4 HD DVR upgrade, personally I have little to no intrest in a 411/211 at this moment.
Same here.

I wonder what deal they will offer for those that want to go from the 811 to the 622 DVR?....

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
well it's someone in the Denver office
720-514-xxxx LOL

Ya he got the cafeteria janitor.:p Sounds like you got hosed, the person you were talking to if they were in the executive office could have set everything up when the two of you were on the phone.

We are all getting hosed with HDLITE...even with MPEG4. Bummer. MarK Cuban was right all along about the down rezing. I wish he would buy one of the satellite companies. then I know it would be done right.

Van said:
Ya he got the cafeteria janitor.:p Sounds like you got hosed, the person you were talking to if they were in the executive office could have set everything up when the two of you were on the phone.

no this guy was busy so we couldn't set it up today but he'll call me Tuesday his name was Matt I believe and it was Heather who gave me his number and well you can call Heather as her number is on this board as well as VOOM office.

There's nothing like trading in those owned receivers for leased ones.

Do you really expect Dish to call you back?

I called to lease a new HD receiver a week ago and was told I would get either a 411 , 211 or 811. The CSR assured me if I got the 811 it would be replaced with the correct model free of charge and he had me wait while he made that note on my account. So I called back up after the 811 got to my door and was told there was no note on the account and they had no way of requesting a specific HD receiver now so there was nothing they could do for me.

Another lie told to another customer. I remember having to call back just to reassure that certain notes were on accounts and that they did not put them there as requested and it causing issues and me having to go through the whole situation and explaining all over again. In some cases it took me having to talk to a Supervisor and having to be on hold for a long period of time getting to them then having to wait for an answer and disconnects and speaking with several people to find someone that would note the account and get the particular problem resolved and then to not get the problem resolved after all and no notes on the account makes many give up in which is what they hope for. Sorry for the runons its late.

It sounds like you will just have to wait for the swapout and may have to pay an upgrade fee to go MPEG-4. You may want to try contacting ceo@dishnetwork.com to get the problem resolved.

Stargazer said:
Is this someone you contacted by email to begin with (ceo@dishnetwork.com)? Do you currently own your 811's?

No I called Heather Black at Echostar and she gave me a number to this guy Matt who is not a CSR. He will help me out personally with the exchange. No I don't own the 2 811s. Heather Blacks number is on this board if you want to call and complain to her.

Rainbow Media / VOOM HD Networks
Lisa Rogen, or
EchoStar / DISH Network
<~~~Heather Black
press@echostar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
So what de she say if anything on how they are going to do the swap outs??

Well Heather didn't know much about it but Matt did but didn't explain what they were doing for everone else but once I told him I was going to go to cable or DirecTV he said let me get you name and number and I'll check with the wearhouse to see how many 411/211s I have and I'll call you back Tuesday at noon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts