Great Tool if you want an XBox360 from Best Buy

BobMurdoch

Playing XBoxOne SeriesX/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
Brielle, NJ
Great Tool if you want an XBox360 from Best Buy (or Target... scroll down)

From XBox.com

"Here is the key to scoring a 360 at Best Buys stores. It works since I scored one on Monday doing it. Go to the link below and enter your ZIP code. Once you do it will search the nearest stores inventory for "XBOX 360". If any stores appear with BOLD BLACK LETTERING they have some in stock if the store appears greyed out... they're out. Simple as that.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...001&productId=1099395571979&itemId=847033type

Granted I live in an area outside of Chicago that is not necessarily a younger video game playing area. Regardless I scored a 360 after leaving work around 6:30pm and still got one.

Good luck I hope this helps.

"

Go to the link and put in your zip code. The end of the supply crunch is near it appears..... Best Buy has several locations with them supposedly in stock right now.....

Last edited:
Hang in there. Between XBox Live Arcade and the games I've bought, I'm up to about 12 games already. It is really worth it. I'm playing Quake 4 now..... Typical run and gun game, but great visuals and sound and a couple of surprises. Lots of achievements to unlock (one of the great motivators for me...... I get a kick out of watching my achievement score go up and up)

This is a good tool, nice find. Now if only the five stores near me where in bold! lol

I used this for the past week and I was able to get out today and grab an Xbox Core. This site absolutely amazes me the amount of help it provides. Not only did this thing help save me time, but it absolutely worked. They just checked in the boxes into inventory and the website picked them right up. They were locked in the front office and were starting to leave the store.

Thank you Bob!!!

Your welcome.

Now that you have one, check in to XBox.com and get registered there. Your gamertag will follow you there and you can track XBox360 hidden achievements, learn about accessories and games, and track all things XBox.

Hopefully, the mods will let me plug the site..... I have no involvement with them but found it to be a useful source......

For the first games, make sure you have Dead or Alive 4 if you like fighting games (plus gorgeous visuals...... warning..... the girls are a little, um, bouncy, so use care if a spousal unit or younguns will be using it), Call of Duty 2 (THE launch game which has must own status), and Project Gotham Racing 3 (which contains a demo version of Geometry Wars which can be downloaded via the XBox Live arcade). On the Arcade, don't forget HexicHD, which is the most addictive puzzle game since Bejeweled (which is also available), or SmashTV which is for oldschoolers who miss their quarter feeding arcade days.......

and for a laugh, go to the XBox Live Marketplace on the main menu and download Red vs. Blue, a creation of some people who found a way to turn the Halo game into an animation tool ...... (and written with a wit that Kevin Smith would appreciate)

One more thing....... if you have an HDTV make SURE you use the microsoft supplied cables. I had originally bought some aftermarket cables that looked a little beefier that the spaghetti thin cables that Microsoft provided. Unfortunately it didn't have the HDTV/TV slider switch so the 360 refuse to pass an HD signal.

I wound up returning the cable and using the MS cables which seem to work fine....

Thanks for info. This is my second box and is actually going to be used primarily as a Media Extender. I bought the Microsoft HD cable and looks beautiful. I am actually more amazed by the Media Center features than the gaming. I know sounds crazy but that was my master plan all along. The gaming is just a major bonus.

I got a gamefly account so I am going to rent games on your advice. Thanks again.

I only have XP Professional (not the Media Center), but it is cool being able to play songs off my computer in custom soundtracks in games (or by themselves with the trippy random HD visuals as background AV wallpaper during parties).

Hmmmm, maybe Microsoft wasn't so crazy after all targeting nongamers with this thing......

BobMurdoch said:
Now that you have one, check in to XBox.com and get registered there. Your gamertag will follow you there and you can track XBox360 hidden achievements, learn about accessories and games, and track all things XBox.

Hopefully, the mods will let me plug the site..... I have no involvement with them but found it to be a useful source......

Bob please do not plug other sites... (Not) :D

BTW my gamertag is SatelliteGuys. :)

BobMurdoch said:
I only have XP Professional (not the Media Center), but it is cool being able to play songs off my computer in custom soundtracks in games (or by themselves with the trippy random HD visuals as background AV wallpaper during parties).

Hmmmm, maybe Microsoft wasn't so crazy after all targeting nongamers with this thing......

Thats the thing. I built my MCE in early 2005. Its worked ok but the video playback was not reliable, there was no sound on DVD playback (could never figure it out even with driver installs), there was no HD support, etc. So I viewed the MCE as an experiment that wasnt ready for my living room or prime time.

That all changed in September when Rollup 2 came it. It fixed my DVD issues, stabilized the box and added HD support. Since then I have gone crazy and added 100 dollar HD capture cards. When the XBox 360 came out, I knew I wanted to go that direction of controlling my own media distribution in my house via network. I got tired of waiting for Directv's media center.

The HD recording and playback of OTA programs is much better than the HD Tivo and Dish 942. With the announcement of cable/directv capture card by the end of the year, I knew I had my model. The Xbox 360's look awesome, are stable as heck, and allow me to plop my media anywhere in the house. Its unbelievable. I just cant wait till I have HD capture beyond OTA stuff. That would just take this thing beyond great.

Oh ya, the gaming is pretty cool too :)

The Comedy Central Motherload on demand feature under Online Spotlight is really cool. I can see that being a new standard going forward. I tell you, Video of IP is coming and you dont have to use Verizon or AT&T. Its not HD but I find the clips and selection pretty well done.

Hurray I finally scored a premium today at BB thanks to Bob. I didnt grab any games but I have the system :D
I did have to ask for it though because all they had were core systems on the shelf.

Cool Minor. That link method took the guess work out of asking stores. None were on the shelves for me. They were all locked up in an office. I had to go to the front but it was painless. Many thanks to Bob again. Watched My Name is Earl in HD last night on Xbox. Good stuff.

Glad I could help. Minorthr, even if you don't have any games yet, don't forget XBox Live Arcade. HexicHD is included for free and will hold you over.... it is a VERY addictive game. You can also order games with a credit card over XBox Live, the best of the bunch to me are Geometry Wars (think of Asteroids and Tempest having a love child), SmashTV (a bit for bit port from the original coin op classic), and Gauntlet (Ditto).

Don't forget that about 200 Original XBox games are backwards compatible. Pretty much all EA games are not supported, but Halo 1 + 2 and a bucketful of others are......

Scott, I'll add you to my friends list when I get a chance. .... Once again, my tag is "MadDog Murdoch" if you want to add me......

and don't forget Red vs. Blue..... I have to go now to the store and pick up some headlight fluid (see http://rvb.roosterteeth.com/home.php to see the original web videos that spawned the following and to get the reference)

Last edited:
and here's one to a site that will supposedly email you when a retailer near you gets some added to their inventory systems. I can't vouch for it, but a lot of people are singing its' praises....

http://untitlednet.com/

Bob "Making It His Goal To Make Sure EVERYONE Who Wants a 360, Can Get It Sooner Than Later" Murdoch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)