Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Greetings from Atlanta, GA the home of the 2006 (and 2007) Satellite Expo!

Marty, Lee and the rest of the Jem Communications staff have taken which was a good Satellite show and turned it into something amazing. I am hard to impress, but I must admit this impressed me greatly.

Its hard to explain how much better this show was but trust me it was. The show went from a strange venue last year in the middle of a farm to a world class convention center.

The GICC is a great place to hold this event and was happy to hear it would be back here next year, in the convention center it was clean, bright, well kept, but nothing outshined what was in the convention center itself and that was the exhibitors. All the exhibitors here are amoung the best of the best, if you purchased any satellite equipment chances are it came from these guys at this show.

I sat and talked to many of the exhibitors and I felt like king of the world being able to talk about the technology and the industry I love so much. I even got to spend time with the legendary Bob Cooper who is basically the pioneer of this entire satellite movement.

I saw a lot of great Free To Air products, I am starting to think that FTA is really about to go mainstream. Some of the equipent I saw was mind blowing! I saw a FTA DVR that was no bigger then a dollar bill!

I will have additional stuff from the show later but I wanted to check in and say hi, got lots of equipment to post about and in addition a lot more photos.

Over the last hour I have added lots of pictures from the expo.

To see these photos please CLICK HERE

Now I am off the the big Expo Party. :) More later!

Thanks for the pics Scott,great job as usual.:up I look forward to more info from the Expo. :D I'm a 4 hour drive (approx.) from Atlanta,but,can't make it down there due to my work schedule.Perhaps I'll make it to the Expo next year,I'm sure that I would enjoy it.Enjoy the party and have a great time while you're there. :up :)

Scott has DTV gt one of the new 4Mpeg DVR going or saying when they are going to be out?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I took pictures of the HD DVR, they are hoping to have it out by the fall.

what i cant get is this is the 2nd event they have shown off this device, but yet they havent released it yet.

Its getting closer, the back of the unit (which I posted a picture of) is a real back now and not full of jumpers and connectors as we have seen at CES.

Ok I made it home from the Expo... Unfortunately my luggage did not. Because of thise I am unable to post a bunch more photos I had taken (Dont worry I have them on my laptop as well, but unfortunately the battery is dead because I was using it on the flights home. (And the charger is in my lost suitcase)

I do hope they find it soon. :)

Ok so last night I was sound asleep and at 3am my phone started ringing, it was the airport delivery guy with my luggage.

First he wanted to know if he was at the correct house he said "Is your the house the one that looks like ESPN with all the Satellite Dishes?" yup correct house.

Next he said for me to come outside and get my stuff since it was raining very hard, so I threw on my pants and went out and got my luggage.

Everything is safely back in my possession. :D

More pictures from the expo coming today.

Sorry to hear about the Missing Luggage Scott, but at least you have it back now!!!

This was one of the "All Time" best Satellite Expos!!!! It only gets better, doesn't it!!!

I'm glad that we got to meet Scott... This is going to be exciting to watch! Once we replace the SBCA with an Association that will truly represent the Small Dealer, things will really start to POP then....

Great Photos also...

Here’s a copy of a letter that I sent to Satellite Expo 2006 last Saturday morning…

04-22-06
Satellite Expo 2006 staff,

SAT-TOOL would like to formally thank JEM Communications, Marty, Lee, Bryan and their staff for a GREAT 2006 show! This year we have made some major contacts and our product has been well received by some very big players in the industry. This show provided us with a venue to reach both the end user of our product and the distributors that sell to them as well. We know that this has been a very risky undertaking and you guys have pulled it off! That said, Thank You! Your show has been a big boon for our business. Without your Expo, we couldn’t have introduced SAT-TOOL to the industry in a timely and cost efficient way. We introduced
our product to the market one year ago at the Expo in Memphis. We have come a long way in a short period of time.

We had a unique situation happen tonight and would like to pass it on for your reader’s knowledge.

While at the dinner last night, Bryan came up to Jim and needed to introduce someone to him. Bryan was with an individual that had just arrived to the Expo. This Gentleman had purchased an advance ticket to
yesterday’s (Friday’s) show. He had driven from Leland, MS. after finishing his day job. He was coming to the show for the first time, as he didn’t attend last year’s show. He had planned to spend an hour or two at
the show, obtain one of our tools and drive back home, as he had to be at work at 6:00 am.

It was about 7:30 pm and he had just arrived. In his haste to get here, he failed to bring the Expo information including the directions to the GICC. After being lost in Atlanta for almost four hours he had finally made it.

He told Bryan the situation and said that he really wanted to obtain a SAT-TOOL. It seems that a friend of his had ordered one at the Satellite Expo 2005 and had let him borrow it. He used it quite a lot and he wanted to have one for himself. We told him we would have gladly shipped one to him. He said that he wanted to see the Expo and had planned to get one as he was leaving. He really didn’t want to go home without the tool.

All of our product was in our booth. The Expo was locked up. Bryan was able to find security, explain the situation and allow Jim’s entry to the booth to get the product.

The end result; after hour’s entry was gained and the customer received his product and was able to get back home in time for work the next day. This could not have happened without Bryan’s dedication and his
understanding of this business.

So here’s a big “Thank You” to Satellite Expo 2006, Bryan and most of all our new customer from Leland, MS.

Sincerely,

Mark Jackson
Jim Eakes
SAT-TOOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)