Not open for further replies.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Greetings all,

I recently joined the forum and have been enjoying what I have been reading. I can't say I understand everything I read, but I am having fun nonetheless.

I have been using Dish for the past several years (actually I think I have gone through five receivers in five years!), and recently upgraded to the Dish 1000 and a vip622. I like the new receiver, and have been very impressed with the HD. I don't even want to watch the SD channels anymore. The only bummer is just getting one set of HD locals (Denver) - compared with years of having NY and LA network feeds, it is taking some time getting used to just recording shows off the mountain feeds. I was spoiled with recording prime time starting at 6pm. Oh well, the quality is worth it.

My wife finally gave in on getting a HDTV (SONY's new 34" XBR970 CRT) , so we made the move to the vip622. To complete the package, we got a new Bell'O stand and replaced my old SONY A/V Receiver with the STR-DE998, and a HD-upconvert Samsung DVD player. AND of course that required a HDMI switcher from genfen to allow both the 622 and the DVD to use the HDMI.

Cheers!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)