Grey's Anatomy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Zap2it reports the following about the forthcoming Grey's Anatomy Spinoff, which is set to pilot in early May.

ABC has released a few more details about the "Grey's Anatomy" spinoff, including the fact that even more familiar faces will be present during the two-hour sweeps episode.

For starters, there's a definite airdate for the show -- Thursday, May 3 -- and a title, "The Other Side of This Life." That presumably refers to the basis for the potential spinoff, with Addison Montgomery (Kate Walsh) headed from Seattle to sunny Santa Monica to visit old friends from med school.

snip...

For the full story, visit this page

You can see she's been rejected around Seattle Grace...its about time for her to go off and make her baby. I won't watch it though....ABC cancels more shows than President Bush misuses, mispronounces, and mangles the English language.

Where is the regular Grey's thread? I can't find it, and I don't want to make a new one if there is one already.

There isn't one. We haven't been discussing Grey's this year. Not sure why not, since many of our regulars watch it.

But I'll change the title of this thread to Greys and its spinoff, so feel free to discuss!!! :D

Thank you!!!

I truly felt for Meredith last nite. She hasn't really had much time to grieve for her own mother, then she begins bonding with Susan. Susan ends up in SGH with the hiccups, which leads to whatever condition that caused her demise. She feels bad about that, losing the only true 'mom' type she has ever had. So here comes the most worthless character on this show, Thatcher. First slapping her last week, and then coming there and blaming her for Susan's death. I realize he is grieving too, but he obviously NEVER cared about Meredith. He laid all the blame on Ellis all these years, when the reality is HE just didn't give a crap. I was watching the whole thing play out and so hoping Richard or even Christina would smack him. But NO!

And to top it all off, there's Derek. One minute he is soo concerned for her, and two weeks later, he is contemplating whether or not being Chief is more important than her. He tells her as much, and she backs away. Typical reaction. Now he is feeling bad because she isn't letting him in with all the goings on with Thatcher. So he meets this woman at a bar. She actually reminded me more of his own sister. But I think the woman is none other than Meredith's other half sister who is in med school. She stated she had a 'rough' day too. With her mother dying, she would be in town. We have never seen this sister yet. What better plot twist than to have Derek become involved with someone connected with Thatcher, whom Meredith has such a dark and twisty past with?

I wonder too who will pass and who will fail that test. My guess: Christina. If she didn't pass, why would she have such cold feet over marrying Burke next week. She has gone along with it all this time, even though she didn't want a big wedding. Not passing would devastate her perfectionist attitude, and make great tv. She is expecting to pass, and be on the top of the list of interns, not the bottom. And to marry someone like Burke when she has failed in such a big way would make her feel inadequate enough to call it all off.

I think Adele will die next week, and Richard will continue on as Chief.

I think George and Izzie will get caught by Callie next week too. Those extra rooms at the hospital get used more for sex than what they are actually there for. Callie will walk in on them, and knowing Callie, she will punch out George, not Izzie.

Thank you!!!

I truly felt for Meredith last nite. She hasn't really had much time to grieve for her own mother, then she begins bonding with Susan. Susan ends up in SGH with the hiccups, which leads to whatever condition that caused her demise. She feels bad about that, losing the only true 'mom' type she has ever had. So here comes the most worthless character on this show, Thatcher. First slapping her last week, and then coming there and blaming her for Susan's death. I realize he is grieving too, but he obviously NEVER cared about Meredith. He laid all the blame on Ellis all these years, when the reality is HE just didn't give a crap. I was watching the whole thing play out and so hoping Richard or even Christina would smack him. But NO!

And to top it all off, there's Derek. One minute he is soo concerned for her, and two weeks later, he is contemplating whether or not being Chief is more important than her. He tells her as much, and she backs away. Typical reaction. Now he is feeling bad because she isn't letting him in with all the goings on with Thatcher. So he meets this woman at a bar. She actually reminded me more of his own sister. But I think the woman is none other than Meredith's other half sister who is in med school. She stated she had a 'rough' day too. With her mother dying, she would be in town. We have never seen this sister yet. What better plot twist than to have Derek become involved with someone connected with Thatcher, whom Meredith has such a dark and twisty past with?

I wonder too who will pass and who will fail that test. My guess: Christina. If she didn't pass, why would she have such cold feet over marrying Burke next week. She has gone along with it all this time, even though she didn't want a big wedding. Not passing would devastate her perfectionist attitude, and make great tv. She is expecting to pass, and be on the top of the list of interns, not the bottom. And to marry someone like Burke when she has failed in such a big way would make her feel inadequate enough to call it all off.

I think George and Izzie will get caught by Callie next week too. Those extra rooms at the hospital get used more for sex than what they are actually there for. Callie will walk in on them, and knowing Callie, she will punch out George, not Izzie.

Without a doubt, they are putting Meredith through hell.

I would not expect Richard to step down; it just doesn't make sense. he is a good character; I can not see why the writers would write him out. The George and Izzie storyline will continue to be complicated.

BTW, how come there is just one group of interns at this hospital? Its been two years, no new blood?

Without a doubt, they are putting Meredith through hell.

I would not expect Richard to step down; it just doesn't make sense. he is a good character; I can not see why the writers would write him out. The George and Izzie storyline will continue to be complicated.

BTW, how come there is just one group of interns at this hospital? Its been two years, no new blood?

There is but they only follow these interns, did you see how many people were taken the test? there must have been 30 people in the room, but we only get to see the lives of these select few. I guess you can kind of compare it to lost in that there were 45 people that crashed on the plane but we havent seen everyone or have the intimate details we have about the select 10-15.

There is but they only follow these interns, did you see how many people were taken the test? there must have been 30 people in the room, but we only get to see the lives of these select few. I guess you can kind of compare it to lost in that there were 45 people that crashed on the plane but we havent seen everyone or have the intimate details we have about the select 10-15.

Yeah, I saw that. I guess, I thought they were from different hospitals, but that makes sense.

but he obviously NEVER cared about Meredith. He laid all the blame on Ellis all these years, when the reality is HE just didn't give a crap. I was watching the whole thing play out and so hoping Richard or even Christina would smack him. But NO

I completely agree....that dude is a punk. Can't take responsibility for everything and can't stand up on his own two feet.

And to top it all off, there's Derek. One minute he is soo concerned for her, and two weeks later, he is contemplating whether or not being Chief is more important than her. He tells her as much, and she backs away. Typical reaction. Now he is feeling bad because she isn't letting him in with all the goings on with Thatcher.
Derek is stuck between a rock and a hard place. His life long dream vs the woman he loves. The two shouldn't conflict but alas....they have.

So he meets this woman at a bar. She actually reminded me more of his own sister. But I think the woman is none other than Meredith's other half sister who is in med school. She stated she had a 'rough' day too. With her mother dying, she would be in town. We have never seen this sister yet. What better plot twist than to have Derek become involved with someone connected with Thatcher, whom Meredith has such a dark and twisty past with?

I think you are reaching pretty far on this one. I don't think we'll ever see that lady again. Just a woman in a bar. I was glad he didn't take her up on her offer though. For a minute, I thought Mer was gonna get written out of her own show.

I don't think a person like Christina can get academic cold feet. She's not good cause she's the smartest (or she might be) but she's good because she works and studies the hardest. People like that can't fail. She may not get the highest score....but she can't fail.

Sounds about right.

George just needs to let Callie go...I mean damn....that woman doesn't deserve that and he is CLEARLY feeling Izzie. That trying to do the "right thing" is always wrong when it is ALL ABOUT the "right thing."

I'm glad they concentrate on Mer and them....Keep the stories tight and detailed not trying to keep up with a hundred different people in an hour episode.

As far as the girl in the bar, I found this interesting tidbit.

Sources close to Grey’s Anatomy tell me that Chyler Leigh — the Reunion star who plays the bar hussy we saw in last week’s promo — has been offered a multiple-episode arc for next season. Source: Kristen on E!Online [Note: Ausiello says that Chyler Leigh was offered a 13-episode arc.]

So, she will be around. I still think its Mer's half sis.

You were so right....u had the Cliff Notes tho....lol

I hate how it ended....everything sucked....
1. How the HELL did Bailey not get chief resident?
2. What's George gonna do and how is Izzie gonna keep chasing him?
3. I wish he'd leave Callie be......u kno she's pregnant right? on the first try...automatically demoted to a Baby's Momma
4. I thought Burke was sure....bastard
5. Put a fork in Mer and Shep....they are done....so done!
6. Alex was typical Alex.
7. I feel bad for Chang....she's never failed at anything

LOL...now the Mer is dull uninteresting and dumped....does the new Grey now become the Grey in Grey's Anatomy?

I enjoyed the episode. I didn't set my expectations so high because of last season's big finale. It was a regular episode of Grey's, and I liked that. Sure, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered, and that is what we will come back to. Or not. They may just pick up months after these events, and we will see George being an EMT, or maybe he will try the intern thing for another 3 seasons. Izzie may have a baby in her arms. Will Alex chase after Rebecca/Ava? How will Bailey handle not being chief resident? And if Callie won't be on the canvas, (rumors are Sara Ramirez is not returning to the show) will Bailey end up with it anyway?

Christina may be pining for Burke, or maybe Colin Marlowe will return. (I hope not, didn't like that guy) I read Shonda's blog, and Mark will be getting a lot of airtime, so maybe Meredith will end up with him for a time, just to piss Derek off. And Derek obviously will piss off Meredith with her own half sis Lexie. Where will Thatcher come into all this? Maybe he will slap Derek next. Personally, I don't want to see that guy ever again. Things are changing for the show, and I am looking forward to next season.

I have no idea how George could have failed the test. And given all that they do, it seems silly to me that the test would just be written , and not practical.

I was kind of glad Burke did what he did. I liked how he said "its not enough that you THINK you are ready, you need to KNOW you are ready."

I appreciate Derek's ultimatum, but Meredith has been through too much to be able to make rationale decisions. And face it, she is not particularly mature emotionally.

The chief resident thing made NO SENSE whatsoever.

Just read that Isaiah Washington was fired from Grey's Anatomy today. Too much of a liability for the show from what I read.

Question: Do you have any scoop on Grey’s Anatomy, especially on Jackson and April or Jo and Alex?
Ausiello: I choose Couple No. 2, though as far as Shonda Rhimes is concerned, their romantic status is not Alex’s No. 1 priority as the new season opens, picking up barely a day later. “Alex and Joe are in an interesting place — though I don’t know if I would talk about them in terms of their relationship just yet, just because thats not really the focus at the moment,” the Grey’s creator shares. “Cristina has left him these shares and the seat on the board, and what that means for him is complex. Does he want that? Is that what he’s looking for? Did he want the money grab that [private practice] provided him, or does he want to be the guy who has a seat on the board? It’s a big deal for him to figure out what he wants.” Bonus Grey’s Scoop: Kevin McKidd is directing the season premiere! http://tvline.com/2014/07/22/flash-plastique-season-1-cw-cast-spoilers/

Question: Do you have any scoop on Grey’s Anatomy, especially on Jackson and April or Jo and Alex?
Ausiello: I choose Couple No. 2, though as far as Shonda Rhimes is concerned, their romantic status is not Alex’s No. 1 priority as the new season opens, picking up barely a day later. “Alex and Joe are in an interesting place — though I don’t know if I would talk about them in terms of their relationship just yet, just because thats not really the focus at the moment,” the Grey’s creator shares. “Cristina has left him these shares and the seat on the board, and what that means for him is complex. Does he want that? Is that what he’s looking for? Did he want the money grab that [private practice] provided him, or does he want to be the guy who has a seat on the board? It’s a big deal for him to figure out what he wants.” Bonus Grey’s Scoop: Kevin McKidd is directing the season premiere! http://tvline.com/2014/07/22/flash-plastique-season-1-cw-cast-spoilers/
Way to resurrect an old thread!

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Question: Any hint on Geena Davis’ Grey’s Anatomy character?
Ausiello: Shonda Rhimes would only confirm that she’s a surgeon. And she’s not being brought in to fill the void left by Sandra Oh’s Cristina. “There is a hole left by the loss of Meredith’s best friend, and we do not try to fill it — at all,” she insists. “That wouldn’t make sense.”

Question: Can you shed any additional light on Kate Burton’s return to Grey’s Anatomy?
Ausiello: As Burton told us over the weekend at the Creative Arts Emmys (where she was a guest-actress nominee for Scandal), Ellis will be seen “in flashbacks, obviously.” Also pretty obvious: Said flashbacks will feature Richard and (a younger version) of their little love child, Maggie. “I am excited to see how the whole thing plays out,” Burton added, “because James [Pickens Jr.] and I never really explored [the Ellis-Richard] relationship.” Bonus Scoop: Burton has a history with her new TV daughter Kelly McCreary. “I totally know her,” she enthused. “She did Scandal last year, so I got to say hi to her in the parking lot. And now, funny thing is, it turns out I am her mama!”
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/ask-ausiello-spoilers-once-greys-sons-anarchy-hawaii-223134189.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)