grouding advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mustang65

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2005
Greeneville,TN
I searched the forums for this and came up empty. I am getting ready for my d* install and ran into a problem. I was going to mount my dishes close to where my electrical service comes into my house. Using a compass i found that i would have line of sight problems for the 72.5 bird thanks to my neighbors newly planted trees. I have a clear line of sight for the 72.5 bird on the other side of the house but really not sure on how to properly ground everything. Any suggestions?

Yes it should be bonded to a "real" ground, or make sure your ground rod is about 8 ' long. :shocked

why not just trench and bury your lines back to the grounding source. I mean If your locals are on the 72.5 your gonna have a 2 dish set-up.

My dish is on the other side of the house far away from the main ground.

My electrician put in a new ground, it is 8'

We did not bound it, said we would ONLY if we got interferance, but since all the coax is also on that same side of the house, far from the main ground, he did not see ever having a problem.

Duplixes also do this with two grounds, never a problem as longs as its a good ground (8 feet down).

Well, according to the NEC it does need to be bonded to the house ground. If you are installing next to the main electrical service it's all grounded. Metal raceways work as ground and are bonded. There should be either a bare solid or stranded wire somewhere near the main service. Good luck.

ScottChez if your electrician thinks bonding ground rods is un-necessary I would kinda worry about the rest of the wiring.

Hi all. Need some help on grounding. This started with my professional installer when adding the second dish disconnected the grounding block, and tossing it on the ground. That would be easy enough to fix, but my system has a separate 8' ground rod. How do I bond it to the electrical ground. The electrical ground is on the opposite side of the house from where the coax enters the house. None of the options in the previous link will work. The distance around the house from where the electrical enters to the coax distribution center is over 100' Are there any other options to bond the two grounds? Thanks, Ross.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts