Ground Loop Via COAX

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Using an adapter to remove the ground pin on the power plug. Like this:

I've also seen people use pliers and break off the ground pin on a cord. Not suggested.
Marantz doesn't have a ground on the plug.

Reactions: navychop
Now- does it have a ground lug for cnx to other HT equipment? W/O that ground plug, probably not. Lotta questions if such a lug exists.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Now- does it have a ground lug for cnx to other HT equipment? W/O that ground plug, probably not. Lotta questions if such a lug exists.
Yes there is a grounding screw on the back of the AV Receiver. One thing to keep in mind if I replace the Joey 4k with a wireless Joey I get dead silence. It is 100 percent the coax that is the cause of the noise but why its louder in the evening is beyond me.

iu

You got me. Disconnecting and reconnecting cables while the hum is present MIGHT lead somewhere.

I defer to those with greater knowledge.

Another solution is a humbucker. It's what we used when I worked in broadcast TV. (Not the guitar pick up.) I think ADC still makes one. HUM-1? It has a transformer in the ground path to effectively isolate the hum. It uses a BNC connector so you'd need BNC to F adaptors.
Maybe someone makes a video isolator that has F connectors.

Another solution is a humbucker. It's what we used when I worked in broadcast TV. (Not the guitar pick up.) I think ADC still makes one. HUM-1? It has a transformer in the ground path to effectively isolate the hum. It uses a BNC connector so you'd need BNC to F adaptors.
Maybe someone makes a video isolator that has F connectors.
I don't know why, but I loved those things. Great for analog monitors. SDI eliminated most of the need for them.