Ground Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BKP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2006
Vacationland, USA
What is the biggest dish you could use a ground mount on.. I did see that 8' on the Sadoun website...

Thanks, BK

It depends how much fun you want to have. I have a 10 foot Orbition that is mounted on the ground. I only had a 5 foot long pole to mount it on (not long enough to concrete it in) so I welded a flat plate to the bottom of the pole and put it on some cement blocks. I then strunged 3 guidewires to steady the pole and keep it vertical. The antenna has been up 2 years now without any problems. For me, imagination to reality on the cheap is half the fun about this hobby. Have fun.

Here is what I did today with lawn chairs.Whatever works.

Attachments

• cband1.JPG
    cband1.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 176
  • cband2.JPG
    cband2.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 158
  • cband3.JPG
    cband3.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 156
Hermitman said:
It depends how much fun you want to have. I have a 10 foot Orbition that is mounted on the ground. I only had a 5 foot long pole to mount it on (not long enough to concrete it in) so I welded a flat plate to the bottom of the pole and put it on some cement blocks. I then strunged 3 guidewires to steady the pole and keep it vertical. The antenna has been up 2 years now without any problems. For me, imagination to reality on the cheap is half the fun about this hobby. Have fun.

That's an idea... How big of a plate did you use.. Could you use an actuator with a setup similar to this..

I just really rather not put a bunch of money into the ground right now, as I can't do it myself and will have to pay to have it done.. So, I'm hoping to find the least expensive route..

BKP said:
Hahaha... Nice temporary setup.. What are your plans for that dish..
No that's permanent.And when I want to move to IA5 I send my four year old Son out to push it to the left.He enjoys the adventure.:D

I used about a 4 square foot plate. It's what I had laying around. There's lots of pressure on the guidewires so the antenna is firmly planted on the ground. I use the actuator all the time looking at different satellites and haven't had any problems with the antenna moving or shifting. If there was a problem, I'd probably just drive some rods around the plate so it couldn't turn. Have fun.

Hermitman said:
I used about a 4 square foot plate. It's what I had laying around. There's lots of pressure on the guidewires so the antenna is firmly planted on the ground. I use the actuator all the time looking at different satellites and haven't had any problems with the antenna moving or shifting. If there was a problem, I'd probably just drive some rods around the plate so it couldn't turn. Have fun.

That's interesting... What did you use for wires and are the wires hooked into the plate or the ground..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts