Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheHamNerd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2014
Yukon, Oklahoma
So I have had a single GeoSatPro 90cm dish for a while parked at 95W for CCTV News and Doc! I am very happy with that!!! That dish is there to stay. I do not have anything setup yet for a motorized setup, nor any plans right now. I do have plans to grow the stationary dish farm. So I ordered 2 more of those 90cm dishes with standard LNBF's. I have not yet upgraded to a better satellite meter yet, but I have sent a request for a price quote directly to Sathero for a sh-600hd, but haven't heard anything back yet..(frustrating), anyway...

My 95W signals are great, but I cannot seem to find 97W for the sake of my life....every time I try to find it, I either find 95W again, or SES-1 (101W)...it is driving me insane!!! I spent all day today setting up my new dish on the roof (I KNOW NOT PRACTICAL) beside my dish @ 95W. Hey...the roof mount was already there from a previous Direct-TV install, so I thought I would use the roof mount...The second 90cm dish in the package will be ground mounted, but not yet at this time.

If I ever hear back from Sathero with a price and I canget the 600, maybe I can find this darn bird....I do not know why I am having so much trouble except for the fact I have a $30 digital meter from WS International. I am not sure if it is the meter, or me being the user...I am not sure if the sh-600hd will help anymore, but it has too!!! Maybe at least I can see where I am at with the 600?

sats2_1.jpg switch1_1.jpg switch2_1.jpg CCTV_Signal1_1.jpg CCTV_Signal2_1.jpg

It's fun to watch someone new to the hobby grow with it, learn, and post results. Glad you enjoy it thus far....FTA can become addictive!
Keep posting! When I started I thought I'd be too annoying with posts of my progress, and what I found instead was enthusiasm (here) for my own projects
and plenty of help!

If I were you I would at this point set up a card table(or what ever you have handy) in the yard below the ladder. Then bring out and extension cord with a tv and your microHD. Put it on a known active transponder and find that bird. :)

Another 'way' that may work when you have the micro and a tv 'out there'. If you're on 95, watching CCTV, move the dish west so the CCTV signal (Q) just 'goes away'. Blind scan 97, should get a few of the TP's. Tune up and scan again.

Reactions: KE4EST
I agree with above comments, that´s what I´d do, it´s more fun to take the micro and tv, out, tweak the dish, once you´ve entered an active tp, and then run the blind scan.
I´d say you´re just a few hours away of fixing that second dish to 97w and later enjoying more international news channels.
Happy sat hunting. ;)

Reactions: TheHamNerd
As much as he likes CCTV I can't wait to hear his reaction when he gets 97W! :)

Reactions: TheHamNerd
Is the switch inline? If so, I would remove and direct connect to the new dish during this aiming process. Remove one possible error if the STB menu is not set correctly or the switch is defective.

No, the switch is not in line. My thought process was to leave the 95w dish alone, and work on the new one by itself and direct connect it to the MicroHD. I haven't even configured the switch yet. I figured getting the dish fixed on 97w was the logical thing. Once I get on 97w, I will configure the switch. I really enjoy this hobby, and it will not beat me!

What TP is selected on 97W? ( I use 12152 as it is not duplicated on other nearby satellites and will not produce a false positive ID on the wrong satellite. Verify the LNB LO frequency set to 10750 (if using the GEOSATpro LNBFs)?

In Oklahoma there isn't much of an elevation change between the two satellites 95W and 97W. Since 95W is coming in so well, it should be as simple as changing the selected satellite, selecting the active transponder and panning West 2 degrees. This is about 1/4" rotation on the mast. Mark the mast and clamp where 95W comes in and mark again where 101W comes in. Should be easy to visualize where 97W should be located between the two mast markings.

Watch the cctv signal drop as you move to the or west or right and watch 12152 come to life then your on 97w.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)