Grrrrr....

SolApathy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 28, 2005
I would have probably made the title something alittle nastier a few hours ago, suffice to say I am ticked off @ Dish & am in the process of writing a letter to their corporate office.

Here is the problem. Originally I was a Time Warner customer. I had:
(2) 8300HD-DVR dual tuner recievers
(3) Standard recivers

I call up Dish to explain that I recieved several of their promotional flyers & was interested in switching if they could provide me a setup that owould provide me with:

(2) Dual tuner HD-DVR recievers
(1) HD tuner

The sales rep (dish Network, not a 3rd party) informed me this would not be a problem (How was I to know if he was misrepresenting me) I was told they ould initially bring out:

(1) 622Vip
(2) 211Vip

After the initial setup & the order was installed I would be able to call back & they would notate the account so I would recieve

(1) additional 622
(1)-remove a 211 reciever

This would leave me with the same setup & allow me to properly hok up all TV's in my house:

(3) HDTV's (I wanted to use these in "single user mode")
(2) SDTV's

Well I cancel my cable service, guy comes out, flawless installation, I call up Dish & they say sorry, you can have a maximum of 4 "tuners" on the account. There is no way to get around this, but I have a choice... I can drop a DVR off the account & get more 211's & split off the remaining DVR into dual mode (which is exactly what I told the rep I did not wat to do), since I wanted the same functionality I had with my cable setup, not a downgrade.

The other option was to pay an additional $200 & buy a 211, or wait 6 months & pay $150. To be blunt I am not happy. I swear if I had a choice to get back my cable & drop dish I would. I don't like the 8300 HD's, but at least I had the setup I wanted.

I want to believe the sales rep did not have a clue, vs. the possibility I was misrepresented in order to get a sale.

I just had to vent. I am VERY unhappy right now.

4 leased tuners is the max. You can add a 5th receiver if you buy it though. Someone else will correct me but I believe you have 30 days to cancel if you wish.

The problem is I already cancelled my cable & took a hit on that. In addition to that all the trouble I went through to get this setup just to find out I was "misrepresented"...Heh. Their response to my issue did not even offer the option to cancel the service. I will probably look deeper into it. At this point I am jsut really pissed off. They cannot expect to keep customers with this level of service.

The worse part is that if you cancel you are still out the money you gave them to lease the equipment.

I feel the same. There is one other thing you can do. Call you know who!!....

I would want a complete refund, I'm sure you complain to the right people, Something will get solved. Sad thing is I belive this story 100%,because their was a lot of info missing when I signed up as well. For what its worth I'm behind you 100%.

...OK complaints aside (still looking for any input on that situation) What can I do about HD Locals? With Cable they were available to me, now Ihave to use my OTA antenna which has occasional signal issues with channels like FOX.

I live in Columbus, OH, and according to what i've seen so far dish does not offer HD programming (local) for that market, which is apparently one more thing I was misinformed about. (I found out tonight when I tried to watch House in HD)... This just keeps getting better & better...

You have three days from signing the contract in your home to cancel. Under a writ of Recession you can probably get any funds back. After the 3rd day your are subject to the 18 month contract and it will cost you $13.33 per month of the contract to get out of it. Cable will probably take you back with open arms.

Great that is not reassuring...

Well the CEO address won't honor third-party contracts misrepresented or not. DISH doesn't approve of its retailers lying to the customers they activate, but aside from stripping their license they won't pay their way for issues arising from it either.

As far as the Writ of Recession from the self-proclaimed JD's that troll these topics...good luck. The rule is three days, and only in select states with legislation in place to support it, and provided Chuck's in a good mood. The 30 days being referred to was a 30-day Money Back Guarantee that expired in February (pays to read them updates huh?)

Now would anyone like to give him some helpful information such as reporting the retailer themselves to the CPA? Just a thought.

It was through the Dish Network main number, I did not call a 3rd party offer (I always ignore those)

...OK complaints aside (still looking for any input on that situation) What can I do about HD Locals? With Cable they were available to me, now Ihave to use my OTA antenna which has occasional signal issues with channels like FOX.

I live in Columbus, OH, and according to what i've seen so far dish does not offer HD programming (local) for that market, which is apparently one more thing I was misinformed about. (I found out tonight when I tried to watch House in HD)... This just keeps getting better & better...

You are correct that Dish does not offer the Columbus locals yet. Directv is the only SAT provider that currently offers Columbus locals in HD. Depending where you live will depend a lot on your OTA reception. I have issues using my 622 for OTA buy my tuner in the TV picks up all the stations with no issues. If you have a digital tuner in your TV try to see what type of reception you get with it.

You are correct that Dish does not offer the Columbus locals yet. Directv is the only SAT provider that currently offers Columbus locals in HD. Depending where you live will depend a lot on your OTA reception. I have issues using my 622 for OTA buy my tuner in the TV picks up all the stations with no issues. If you have a digital tuner in your TV try to see what type of reception you get with it.

So even though it's been several hours that I've had that FSN, I may still lose it?

My TV's have built in ATSC tuners, but it seems when I hook up the OTA antenna through the reciever (which allows me to record the OTA HD content) I occasionally get this nasty message that says "reception lost" even with an 85 signal strength on FOX.

I wish there was a way to at least get out of market HD channels. Heck I would watch Atlanta locals if I could lol, I want my HOUSE!

You have the same issue that I have with the 622. In order to get out of market HD locals you would have to move your service address. When you do this you will lose the Ohio RSN's.

You have the same issue that I have with the 622. In order to get out of market HD locals you would have to move your service address. When you do this you will lose the Ohio RSN's.

First of all, thanks for your reply and putting it in the correct thread, not sure how I ended up asking my question in THIS thread!

But yeah, as JAG said, you can change your service thread with a move, but it will be at the expense of your local sports. So you can either have House in HD, or your local sports games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)