Guess I'll Show Just How Much About FTA I Don't Know

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MDB in SE La

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
Hammond
I've spent close to an hour looking and can't find the answer, sure hope someone on here knows the answer to this FTA question. I'm in SE La, root for the Saints, but am originally from Texas and am a die hard Cowboys fan. On a Cowboy website, there was a post that said FTA would pick up Cowboy games. Did he mean it would pick up Dallas Texas TV stations that broadcasts the games? I can't find anything related to this. I'm afraid the poster was just running his mouth on something he knew nothing about because 'Search' hasn't helped me this time.

This weekend was the first problem....last weekend the Saints were carried on New Orleans Fox 8 and Dallas was carried on Baton Rouge Fox 44, both signals accessable with an outside antenna and digital converter. I guess today, understandably, enough Baton Rouge market wanted to follow their Saints, thus the Saints on 8 and 44 so I'm looking into FTA with no luck so far. Any one have any info on this. Thanks in advance.

until this year the answer was yes.

There was a station in Beaumont, TX (KUIL) that was a Fox network. It was FTA. They were the sister station to Fox Lake Charles, LA. They created that channel (KUIL) for sports
Prior to 2003, KVHP served Beaumont and Port Arthur, in addition to Lake Charles. In 2003, KVHP established KUIL-LP, as a way to provide local programming just for that region, plus alternate coverage of sports that are more relevant to the Beaumont market (such as Houston Texans and Dallas Cowboys football).

As of Jan 1 this year KUIL lost the Fox affiliation....about a month or so ago they left FTA

Thanks Iceberg for the reply........
I remember KVHP......transmitter antenna 8-10 miles northeast of Vinton La, actually closer to Texas than Lake Charles but it always showed the Saints and the KUIL LP station transmitted on the west side of Beaumont and it's signal wouldn't hardly go maybe 15 miles at the most so if you lived in Vidor, Orange, or Bridge City and didn't have cable but had either satellite, you were out of luck. I even had one friend that climbed up a 80 foot pine tree(he used his Entergy lineman spikes) and put a far fringe antenna in the top pointed west and it still wouldn't come in, just no hope.

I requested info from the poster on the Cowboy site and no info so far. Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts