Guess I'm stuck with FTA here in Mexico, eh? Not what I wanted !!!

bigmutt

Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Well, after MONTHS of reading these forums & doing my research, you guys ALMOST convinced me to jump in to FTA (probably with a Fortec receiver) but the sort of antenna I'll need is still an open question.

I live in Mexico City, fairly high with unobstructed view of sky, and I need to know how big the dish has to be to pick up the main satellites with English programming.

Please help:
I'm dying here, due to lack of english-language programming. (Sky sat service here has a few english channels and I subscribed previously, but they have no provision for suspending service for the 5 months out of each year that I'm in the U.S.; their 18-month minimum is totally inflexible, so to hell with them!).

btw, I do subscribe to DishNet in San Diego and tried to figure out how to continue receiving their programming here (legally) but when I brought my DishNet box here, it was unable to receive any Dish signal, even though a local "satellite guy" screwed around with it for an hour, using a Sky TV satellite dish. Anyone have any suggestions with THAT?

I don't want to steal any signals or get something for nothing; I just want some english-language programming (ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, Fox, HistoryChannel, etc.), and am willing to pay the going rate for it.

please help.

Rick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)