Guesses on which premium channels get freeviewed in January

It's all about patterns man ;). Besides the NFL Network and NBCSN, there is a record of Sundance getting a freeview for ever new scripted program and heartland is right there with the DIY/Cooking as most freeviewed block of channels haha. I'm now on 250 so I have all of those now. For sure going to signup for Starz starting in Jan (Black Sails then DaVD) and debating Showtime (House Of Lies)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sundance has some quality movies and series in my opinion; however I believe it should be BB@Home inclusive as it was in the past.

Nope it's now rated by Nielsen so AMC Networks will be working to get it in lower tiers and in better guide positioning

I thought Sundance Channel (channel 358] was placed in America's Top 200 and in HD after the AMC Networks/Dish dispute. As previously posted, it was in Blockbuster @ Home (channel 389 if memory serves me correctly), and before that it was in the Showtime premium package (channel 332 if memory serves me correctly).

Sundance is heavily loaded with commercials, now. Nearly 1/3 of the schedule is ads and not between programs. Too bad you cannot pause programs to remove ads on recording, if I were willing to do that anyway. Better yet some post-recording editing, please. Minimum would be to lop off the ends. That would help a lot with MGM and sports.
-Ken

Sundance is heavily loaded with commercials, now. Nearly 1/3 of the schedule is ads and not between programs. Too bad you cannot pause programs to remove ads on recording, if I were willing to do that anyway. Better yet some post-recording editing, please. Minimum would be to lop off the ends. That would help a lot with MGM and sports.
-Ken

You are correct about Sundance Channel. It used to be a lot better when it was commercial-free just like IFC. It is also a shame that MGM has commercials, too. Sadly, I am sure it is about money.

The good thing about MGM commercial is that during the show they are short. The bad thing is that if you record them you may get up to 30 minutes at the end of the show. That is what I would like to truncate. You could cut a couple of minutes on network shows. The Network shows especially CBS like to start early and some to finish late, which is a pain with back-to-back showings on the same or different nets. General gripe.
-Ken

You are correct about Sundance Channel. It used to be a lot better when it was commercial-free just like IFC. It is also a shame that MGM has commercials, too. Sadly, I am sure it is about money.

IFC has commercials

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I thought Sundance Channel (channel 358] was placed in America's Top 200 and in HD after the AMC Networks/Dish dispute. As previously posted, it was in Blockbuster @ Home (channel 389 if memory serves me correctly), and before that it was in the Showtime premium package (channel 332 if memory serves me correctly).

It is but I think it will soon go down to 120 and/or get better guide positioning

The should give us all hbo and max free for a year. Like the did b4 with starz.
They did that because Starz was begging for "face time". Their sub numbers don't come anywhere close to HBO.
No idea if it helped them or not. They gave me no reason to stick around.