Guide of Death

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
My 2 cents on the GOD, I have only had it happen to me 2 or 3 times. Every time it happens it seems to happen when a timer recording kicks in and I am using the guide but I'm not sure, it could be when the 522 is recording. Either way it never happens when just using the guide and no timers or recordings are going on.
Also after the 522 reboots after the GOD the show that was recording picks up and continues to record after the reboot and all other timers are intact.

This has happened to me like 3 times in the past 2 weeks. It's annoying as hell. This is when it has happened to me.

When I'm watching a previously recorded show and I press the guide button, the DVR restarts. 2 shows were recording. I can remember because after it restarted it restarted the recordings for both shows. However, I believe it has also happened when only one show was recording. It's annoying as hell. It only started happening in the past 2 weeks and I've had this thing for like 3 months or more.

I had an interesting variation this evening. There were two timers set for the time. Surprisingly (not), one of the timers failed to fire. When I clicked on the guide button, the unit rebooted. When it came back up, BOTH programs started to record. It fixed the misfired timer.

It's a 'feature' not a bug!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts