Guide works only on mapped channels not scanned in channels??

lilyarbie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2005
I just recently got a rotator for my Voom system around the time that the SuperDMA reached my area. Unfortunately, those mapped on my box are far out of reach to get a signal at all. I do receive channels not mapped into my box that I scanned in from different locations. My question is this: Does Voom only provide guide information to channels mapped only to your area and not any outside your SuperDMA area? I've tried numerous reboots to no avail. Those I don't receive that are mapped on my box contain all guide information, but those I scan into my box have no guide information. Since the guide is provided by Voom, could I call a CSR and have them map the channels I can scan into my box to my DMA area and start getting the guide information that way? I was thinking about doing this, but I decided to ask this question before doing so. As I said, there is no guide information on these scanned channels even after doing a hard reboot.

Super-DMA maps include most channels from neighboring DMAs, but not all.
Missing channels can be added on request. What you need to do is to report the missing channels in the following thread and VOOM will add them:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts