Guy in Wheelchair takes ride down highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that is crazy!!

Yeah, just down the Highway from me.

I heard a couple of 911 calls this morning on the radio on the way to work. What I don't get is these people saw it and called it in, but if that were me, I would have tried to get in front of the truck and slow down to a stop.

Maybe it was a divided highway and they couldn't?

No, it's a regular old 2 lane highway (remember, I live just a few miles from there, I travel the highway often). Maybe It's just me, but if I was oncoming and saw this, I would try to turn around and help. If I saw this coming up behind me, I'd try to stop/slow the truck. Then agian, I would have never expected to see something like this. Pretty crazy.

Our paper reported that the producers for the "Late Show with David Letterman" contacted Ben Carpenter, so he may be appearing on national TV soon.

I saw that on the local news lastnight aswell, he got very lucky and talk about the best free publicity for the wheel chair manufacturer you could ever get. The tires took alot of damage and the outer treads were burned away by friction while the 250lb chair stood up to trip very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts