GuyTVHD and MajesticHD showing more than one 2 movies per day NOW! (afer July 2/day)

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
This is from www.zap2it.com . I checked this morning and saw cat ballou playing on GuyTv

GuyTV: Today

Heaven's Gate:
Sitting Bull:
The Left-Handed Gun:
Cat Ballou:
Manhattan:
The Purple Rose of Cairo:
Nadine:

Tomorrow:

Fat Man and Little Boy:
Drunken Angel:
Topkapi:
Man of the East:

Majestic Today

Oliver!:
Topkapi:
The Family Jewels:
Queen of Hearts:
Murphy's Romance:
Strait-Jacket:
The Pit and the Pendulum:

Majestic Tomorrow:

Passion Fish:
Falling From Grace:
Queen of the Stardust Ballroom:
Alan & Naomi:

Besides Oliver, every other movie on that list is foreign to me :(

So the list looks to go from 2 movies a day to a whopping 4!

Exciting ;)

I see clue is coming up neat!

Majestics

Saturday:
A Passage to India:
A Room With a View:
Butterflies Are Free:
Daisy Miller:

Sunday
Avanti!:
Born Yesterday:
Trading Mom:
Clue:

But monday on out is back to 2 movies :(

So you have more selections to watch now :) Curious? Murphy's Romance, The Pit and the Pendulum (classic), Fat Man and Little Boy (Paul Newman and Sean Penn), Manhattan (another Woody Allen Classic), Heaven's Gate (academy award winner...Long but excellent movie), Cat Ballou (Jane Fonda, Nat King Cole... Classic), The Purple Rose of Cairo (one of the best plot I have ever seen)....

There's a lot to see...

BFG said:
But monday on out is back to 2 movies :(

Maybe they haven't updated that far... or they will start with Weekends first on 4 movies per day and then eventually move to weekdays as well. But it is move in the right direction.

We announced that this was coming in our PUB area. There's plenty of information in the PUB. Join us and support the site.

I want to mention to our Dish Subs who are going to see these movies for the first time. Some of these movies may or may not be OAR. All movies after 1/1/05 are going to be OAR. Before 1/1/05, they may or may not be. I am going to publish the list of movies aired on HD Cinema soon.

Actually today I am home and in these two channels what they are doing is presenting all their HD Cinema channels with their IDs. This was the same thing they were doing with the Documentary HD channel on FilmFest. So I saw this morning after Fat Man... movie finished the ID for VICE-HD.

Now FilmFest is playing on Majestic HD... So they actually have brought all the other 8 channels and started showing their movies on these two channels which is really nice.

Sean Mota said:
Now FilmFest is playing on Majestic HD... So they actually have brought all the other 8 channels and started showing their movies on these two channels which is really nice.

This is great news! And with a 942 I'll be able to look ahead and record various films that interest me and watch at my leisure.

CDH.

I just went ahead through the guide and did not see any KungFu movies which I really enjoy it but I hope to see some.

Sean Mota said:
Hey, Tim I am going to miss your reviews... What did you decide to get?
Well, I pretty much decided to get nothing. Then Dish grabbed up a few of the Voom channels. So now I'm gonna see about getting just the HD channels thru Dish -- if all goes well I'm sure I'll be back to reviewing as obsessively as before!

Sean Mota said:
Actually today I am home and in these two channels what they are doing is presenting all their HD Cinema channels with their IDs. This was the same thing they were doing with the Documentary HD channel on FilmFest. So I saw this morning after Fat Man... movie finished the ID for VICE-HD.
That sounds kinda cool, but wouldn't it present a problem if another provider picked up some Voom channels other than the ones carried by Dish? If I was Acme Cable Co and was paying top (?) dollar for FilmFest, I'd be a little pissed if they were giving some of the content to another provider for free. Or maybe I wouldn't. Who knows? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)