H/J install question

ashutto20 said:
Wow is all I can say about that...batteries in a remote??? haha

What were your thoughts on the way there to change the batteries...I'm not sure what I would be thinking

That is not what the work order said.

"repair video"

With no account notes.

Edir: i should note that those that do try to do thier own work end up messing up thier system and then end up needing a service call anyways, which just makes it 10 times harder to figure out why the sysyem quit working.

And thats why when i first joined this forum i was surprised ya'll could do all the things you have been able to do.

I just wanted to give my two cents the last time the dish guy was at my house he actually made the problem worse before fixing it. My regular guy could not come so this rookie show up and I actually have paid quite a bit of attention to TOM over the years and I know what plugs into what. This guy goes you dont need this and unscrews this, I tell please do not unscrew that it powers a box up stairs he goes no it doesn't and unscrews it more about this later. Turns out my switch is bad. But after he fixes that my bedroom tv wont come back on. He's like all I did was change your switch every thing should be working so I give the idiot five mins to sit there and stew about and then finally go you don't possibly think it could be the damn cable that unplugged downstairs that I asked not to he goes you really think that is it? I'm like YES thats it fix it and go. I was about to tell him to get the hell out of my house he was idiot and never come back but I would never get service again then and it would be rude. But I swear some people should never be allowed to tamper with your precious dish network equipment.

And please excuse my typos it's a small phone screen

The batteries in the remote is just the tip of the iceberg we get many other equally as dumb calls. I've had people pull their entertainment center out to clean behind it, unplug everything, then call in because the receiver won't power up. Walk in house plug back in voila. But the main reason a tech won't drop a receiver off and let you hook it up is because if you call into dish for any reason within thirty days of us leaving your house it negatively affects us. In fact it affects your paycheck pretty drastically and enough callbacks and you can lose your job.

Rorshach85 said:
The batteries in the remote is just the tip of the iceberg we get many other equally as dumb calls. I've had people pull their entertainment center out to clean behind it, unplug everything, then call in because the receiver won't power up. Walk in house plug back in voila. But the main reason a tech won't drop a receiver off and let you hook it up is because if you call into dish for any reason within thirty days of us leaving your house it negatively affects us. In fact it affects your paycheck pretty drastically and enough callbacks and you can lose your job.

I thought it was sixty days I always mark it on my calendar not to call dish network directly for sixty days after they repair something and I never do unless like this guy they piss me off and something breaks. But I would never do that to TOM hell I would call into dish every sixty days to have TOM change my remote batteries if I knew he got paid well for the service call.

I wonder if the original poster would be able to convince the installer to install everything in the same room initially. That would allow them to make sure all the equipment works AND get activated. Then it's just a matter of the owner moving things into the correct rooms and making sure the wiring is all there. Knowing that most electronics these days need to retain memories due to power outtages, I would think everything would sync up again once moved into the correct location, assuming the wiring is all in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts