H10 to VCR to TV!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

acpmadness

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
I can't figure this out. I'm trying to took my H10 to my VCR so I can record shows on tapes. The installer said he did it but it doesn't work! I had Voom until yesterday and it was hooked up threw the VCR and I could record just fine. Should someone help me out and tell me how u do it please?

It can work but you have to realize one thing:
1. In order to record, you "cannot" use the components output nor the HDMI output because the A/V inputs on your Vcr will not recognize the signal. but you can do this;

Try one of the following:
From the Coaxial on the H10 receiver to Coxial RF in on the Vcr, From Vcr Coaxial Rf out to the Coaxial antenna input on your HDtv, set Hdtv to channel 3 or 4.

2nd option is:
Composite Audio/Video out from the H10, to the Composite A/V input on the VCR and from the Composite A/V output on the Vcr to the Composite A/V input on you HDtv or Tv!
sound confusing but I couldn't find a adequate diagram!

Not confusing at all becuase I did that and it didn't work. Also u can't do option 1 because their is no coax out. Only sat-in/rf remote/antenna in.

Generally if you use option #2 you will have to set your VCR to the "Line In" option and leave it set to that. Also on most TVs you will need to set it to Line IN, Video1, Video2, or whatever corresponds to your line in for your brand.

Ok I finally got it, it hit me while I was about to fall asleep. Just a cupole of setttings on the VCR. Thanx for the help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)