H10 wiring help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BOXER DAN

Original poster
May 21, 2005
Hi everyone,
I am a newbie to HD. I have been reading through this forum for the last couple of weeks and thought I had done enough homework to be able to set up my own system. Anyway here is my dilemma. I was able to upgrade one of my receivers to HD and the picture is awesome, unfortunately I am unable to connect my VCR to allow me to record. I normally only record boxing matches of interest and not much else. I had it set up perfect prior to switching over to HD. The only thing that I can think of, is since the H10 receiver does not have an out to TV coaxial it will not allow recording.

I currently have a 50" Samsung DLP, a Panasonic 5 disc DVD player, the H10 D* receiver and my JVC audio receiver. The only thing that is missing is my old reliable Sony VCR.

I have the H10 connected to the TV through the Component video cables (HDMI is just to expensive and from what i have been reading it seems to cause a 2-3 seconds blackout once in a while). Finally my question, can a VCR be connected to an H10? I have tried multiple wiring configuration between my TV and VCR and nothing seems to work. Has anyone encountered this and can anyone help me resolve this problem?

The VCR probale doesn't have component imputs so you will have to take a regular RCA cable (red, white, yellow) from you H10 reciever labeled V1 R1 L1, into your input on your VCR, then out from your VCR into your JVC reciever with another RCA cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts