H10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

1sweetchevy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
STL, MO
Does anyone know if the H10 is a MPEG2 only receiver like the HR10-250 or will it get the new channels. I was at my aunt's house yesterday for T-day an noticed she still has her old tripple sat and an H10 for her HD. I was trying to tell her what she needed to get from DirecTv to get the new channels but was unsure about her receiver.
Thanks

Thanks ScoBuck. I had a feeling that was the case.
She's going to be really mad now. She never received a call or letter or anything about upgrading any of her equipment for the new channel rollout.

i might nicely (if possible) ask directv what happened and why she wasn't notified. i will tell you this.....i had an h10 a few years ago. when i reactivated my account in february, i did upgrade to the hr20. but i asked directv, if i could get a free upgrade to the h20 since i would have received one last year if my account had been active. no problemo! and i got to keep the h10 for ota, if i ever choose to go that route.

i might nicely (if possible) ask directv what happened and why she wasn't notified. i will tell you this.....i had an h10 a few years ago. when i reactivated my account in february, i did upgrade to the hr20. but i asked directv, if i could get a free upgrade to the h20 since i would have received one last year if my account had been active. no problemo! and i got to keep the h10 for ota, if i ever choose to go that route.

That's what I told her to do. She's an attorney so she was going to do that nice but firm thing lawyers do to try and get some more hardware upgrades out of them (HR20 & H20). She's still mad the installers drilled a hole in her new hardwood floors when the system was installed and no one at D* responded to the letter she wrote stating her displeasure. This whole no upgrade thing pretty much pushed over the top.

I don't know the reasoning behind it, but it is well known (and was confirmed on the 3rd quarter conference call), that the MPEG4 conversion has been a 'soft' rollout - meaning, they are waiting for people fo ask them, they have not yet reached out to their legacy HD subs.

I'm just thinking that there are higher costs to upgrade existing subs than to attract new ones as the possible main reason. You would think though, that as the legacy subs see all of the DirecTV televison and print ads about their 85 channel offering, they would begin to wonder why they aren't getting those channels.

Not sure where DirecTV is on the legacy HD subs. Back a few months ago I was happily carrying on with my H20 and H10 when DirecTV started bugging me, via phone calls and emails, about my equipment not being totally ready for their new content. I finally called them back, mostly to stop the phone calls, and now I have an HR20, H20 and H10 active. So far nothing on upgrading the H10 though they might have thought that the HR20 was the replacement instead of an addition and, even though it's still active, I've dropped off the radar screen. Since the H10 is hooked up to an SD TV in our crafts/exercise room it's not like I'm in a big hurry to change it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)