H10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

twolcott

Original poster
Jan 30, 2006
Any reason why my signal strength on my h10 is so much worse than my other non HD boxes... off by usually 10 .. what is 97 is 85-87 on the H10. Also one of my 101 number (27 I think) is in the 20's .. what up there?

27 is one of the spot beams, and probably not yours.

the h series meters just run a bit lower on the strength.

Is there any way to find out what channels are on what transponders , both HD and non? And what an acceptable strength should be before I start figuring this into the crummy picture I get. Up to now I have been directed towards the horrid compression as the primary reason but I am trying to do everything that I can control to eliminate everything that is within my control.

Thanx in advance

compression my butt, what kind of tv and or monitors do you have? how are they hooked up? what cables? is it going thru a A/V reciever on the video side? NEVER do that!

if you want to pm me your # ill try to help, im a directv tech 6 years. also do A/V

27's not a spot beam on the 101. The spotbeam transponders on the 101 are 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28.

Your signal has nothing to do with your picture quality. Its going to be there or it is not going to be there. With a signal of 80 you will see absolutely NO difference in the quality as you would if it was 97.

You picture quality is going to be effected by the kind of tv you have, the connection method you use to connect it (DVI, HDMI,DVI, A/V) , and if using an Off-Air ANT for HD locals , your distance and signal strength from the tower.

The signal meter strength will not give you a better/worse picture. Like "Tate" says its either there or not, specially with HD.

But if you still want to know what transponders are going to which channels, when you are watching a channel if you go to your signal meter test on the menues whichever channel you are on should have the transponders that corrispond accordingly automatically on the menue.

SAT75 But if you still want to know what transponders are going to which channels said:
I don't believe they do anymore on the new receivers do they? I know they did on the old receivers but the new ones I believe they default back to the transponder you were last on when you checked signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)