H20 5lnb Mpeg4 upgrade questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

d151b

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 21, 2005
I called directv to inquire about upgrading to mpeg4 last night. I was told that the new mpeg4 box was 199, but if I traded in my current h10 that I could get it for the low, low price of 99. Is it me or is this fubar? I paid 299 for the h10 and currently I'm not following their math. And on top of that, they want me to sign a 2 year contract. Dtv must be out of their minds, or I got the not so up-2-date csr.

For those of you who have upgraded and gotten it for a reasonable price, say..... free, please tell me how you did so. I am in the Dallas DMA. Thanks in advance!

D

re: H20 Cost

Although the H20 does cost $199, you get a $200 rebate. So essentially it's free. Also, I spoke with two different CSRs. The first one told me I needed to commit to 2 years, then, for some reason, we got disconnected. I called back to start the process all over again the other CSR only made me I only had to commit to 1 year. However, they did charge me $99 for the AT-9 dish. Probably could have gotten that free if I'd kept calling back.

I just called D* to inquire about upgrading to the H20 (I'm in Dallas). The inital guy immediately transferred me to some other dept. where the lady there told me it would cost $14.95 to upgrade and we scheduled an appt. Pretty damn easy. The direct number to whatever that dept. was is 888.355.7530.

I keep seeing people charged $14.95 for S/H. If the installer brings the equipment, why is the end user being charged for S/H?

How much you're charged may depend which CSA you get, or on how much you rag on whichever CSA you happen to get.

When I called the first time, I was told the conversion was $99. When I said I had heard some people were getting the upgrade for free, I was put on hold for a while. The CSA then came back and said that she "thought I might qualify" but couldn't find any information that would tell for sure. She said that I could either pay the $99 or wait until they had a supervisor call me - which she said would be within 72 hours.

Of course that never happened, so when I called back again days later I got the same story again. After arguing and being put on hold multiple times, I was cut off and had to call again. I called back again - same story - on hold while someone tried to get an answer. I finally decided that it would be less expensive for me to pay them the $99 than to spend days dealing with this, so paid it. I did have the sense, though, that if I had been persistent, I would have gotten the upgrade for free. Obviously, some people are getting the upgrade for free.

Maybe its just the luck of the draw on which CSA answers a particular call, maybe its persistence. I just didn't want to argue with them anymore.

I was suppose to be upgraded for free when I called and CSR said I was all set. Zero cost to me except the 14.95 sh. Had the install and all went well except when I went online to view my bill and there was a charge for $99 dollars on there. Called DTV CS and told them my issue and she credited my account. Also when the installer called to activate my receivers he activated them but never deactivated the old receivers. You might want to check your account to see if these issues apply to anyone else.

dogger01 said:
I was suppose to be upgraded for free when I called and CSR said I was all set. Zero cost to me except the 14.95 sh. Had the install and all went well except when I went online to view my bill and there was a charge for $99 dollars on there. Called DTV CS and told them my issue and she credited my account. Also when the installer called to activate my receivers he activated them but never deactivated the old receivers. You might want to check your account to see if these issues apply to anyone else.

You have to deactivate your old receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)