Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
My H20-600 has reset at least 12 times today! Now the channel up/down doesn't work! :mad: I tried a hard boot with no improvement. It's not the remote, either. I tried the original and my MX-500. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Same problem here

I've got 2 H20-600's and for the past three weeks i've been experiencing the same behaviors. Was thinking it was a faulty software update so did forced installs on both but no change in behavior.

What's the deal?

The deal is that Directv puts sh!tty equipment out to the customer. You are required to sign a 2 year commitment, but they are not required to provide good hardware.

I had the same problem for about a month, and FINALLY got Directv to send a new box, this time a h20-100. Working good since.

To resolve my H20 reboot problems in the past, I've had to shutoff the H20 for about 45 minutes (unplug it completely), disconnect my OTA, replug int, reset OTA channels again (reacquire Local Market, etc), recconnect the OTA, and then the rebooting stopped (so far).

raoul5788 said:
My H20-600 has reset at least 12 times today! Now the channel up/down doesn't work! :mad: I tried a hard boot with no improvement. It's not the remote, either. I tried the original and my MX-500. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Boy am I stupid! When I did the hard reboot it removed all of the channels from my favorites list, so there weren't any channels to view! :eek:

I had problems with my H20-600 rebooting plus it was extremely hot. DirecTV replaced it with a H20-100 for $20. The H20-100 works much better than my old H20 and it doesn't reboot and it's barely warm to the touch.

H20-600 lost satellites

I got H20-600 in January and have had great service including good updates. Suddenly this week it started losing HD channels particularly ABCEast and FoxEast DNS feeds. no amount of reboots or resets would resolve the problem. Now suddenly it is dead and will not "see" the satellite feeds. I've tried everyting I know to do including reloading software (before I lost satellites) reboots etc.

The strange thing is my old Samsung TS-160 when attached to the same Satellite feed, receives all the signals with no problem. Interestingly, I discovered early on in trying to diagnose that there had been a software upgrade dated Wed 8/30. to F014.

Has anyone else noticed an recent software upgrade to the same version that had previously been upgraded?

Sat Chaser
H20
(2)Samsung TS160
Samsung SD
Hitachi 50 LCD
Phillips 34 HDTV
Harmon Kardon AVR
Bose Speakers

Sat Chaser said:
I got H20-600 in January and have had great service including good updates. Suddenly this week it started losing HD channels particularly ABCEast and FoxEast DNS feeds. no amount of reboots or resets would resolve the problem. Now suddenly it is dead and will not "see" the satellite feeds. I've tried everyting I know to do including reloading software (before I lost satellites) reboots etc.

The strange thing is my old Samsung TS-160 when attached to the same Satellite feed, receives all the signals with no problem. Interestingly, I discovered early on in trying to diagnose that there had been a software upgrade dated Wed 8/30. to F014.

Has anyone else noticed an recent software upgrade to the same version that had previously been upgraded?

Sat Chaser
H20
(2)Samsung TS160
Samsung SD
Hitachi 50 LCD
Phillips 34 HDTV
Harmon Kardon AVR
Bose Speakers

My last upgrade was on 7/11, 0F14.

I had a similar issue of reboots after I initially installed my H-20. I unhooked my OTA antenna, which solved the reboot issue, then hooked it back up a couple of days later...

Haven't had a problem since...:eek:

hdtvtechno said:
Must be the Local Digital ATSC feed with you rlocal Tv station sending out faulty PSIP data info...

That used to happen when I first got my H20-600, but only when I was watching certain ota channels. Now it is happening when I am watching satellite channels.

My most recent upgrade says 7/24 0F14...I'm hoping for another upgrade so I can use interactive features for sunday ticket....

I had similar problem earlier this year with our local Fox affiliate.

Their PSIP info was screwed up. A phone into their engineer by several people locally alerted them to the problem.

Once they were aware, problem solved.

talos4 said:
I had similar problem earlier this year with our local Fox affiliate.

Their PSIP info was screwed up. A phone into their engineer by several people locally alerted them to the problem.

Once they were aware, problem solved.

Except I was never tuned to an ota channel during the rebooting of the last couple of days. BTW, I am surprised that the local channels listened to you. Glad, but surprised.

CRendall said:
I had problems with my H20-600 rebooting plus it was extremely hot. DirecTV replaced it with a H20-100 for $20. The H20-100 works much better than my old H20 and it doesn't reboot and it's barely warm to the touch.

Have you noticed any picture quality difference between the 600 and 100. I have the same issues with my 600, only mine seem to be intermittent for a couple days at a time? I am supposed to get a 100 later this month and wanted to know the differences.

Thanks in advance

lowe41 said:
Have you noticed any picture quality difference between the 600 and 100. I have the same issues with my 600, only mine seem to be intermittent for a couple days at a time? I am supposed to get a 100 later this month and wanted to know the differences.

Thanks in advance

I am getting a replacement for my H20-600 tomorrow, but I don't know yet which model I am getting. If it's the -100, I'll post my impressions.

I had the same problem. They sent me a new unit to replace mine. When I got it I found out there sending out refurbished units. My new unit was previously owned by someone in Texas. It took two days for customer service to get my receiver set up.

raoul5788 said:
I am getting a replacement for my H20-600 tomorrow, but I don't know yet which model I am getting. If it's the -100, I'll post my impressions.

Well, D* has sent me TWO H20's! The first one wouldn't authorize properly, so they sent another one. After talking to a high level tech, I found out that there have been issues with already authorized cards and refurbished boxes. The second box wouldn't authorize either. Now they tell me after sending out an extra one! I am waiting on a new card that's somewhere in limbo. Both of the refurbs are -600's, so I have nothing new to report on them.

This past Sunday, I realized that NONE of my locals, HD or otherwise were showing up on my H20. I solved the issue with a hard reset with a technician over th ephone, but my box has been resetting twice a day. Does anyone have a solution?

*******edit************

Just got off the phone with D*. Apparently a software update is coming in October. $50 credit to shut me up in the meantime.

I cannot believe they actually admitted that this is a known issue...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts