H20 and HDMI sync issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spaulhus

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 21, 2006
Have an H20-600 and recently upon powering it up, it has HDMI sync issues with my Samsung DLP TV. Have to do a hard reset to fix. Any ideas why this is happening all of a sudden?

Well all I can say is welcome to the world of D* and Samsung not liking each other from time-2-time. I also have a Samsung and HR-20 connected via HDMI and sometimes the audio works and sometimes it will go out weeks on end and not work for nothing. Then all of a sudden it works again, why ????????? The heck if I know. So for now it is component cables full-time and HDMI when it works.

This may be a stupid question, but I have an H20 connected with both Component and HDMI. When I looked at the 2 side by side using the PIP feature on my Mitsubishi set, the Component looked much brighter and crisper than HDMI. I figured it would be the other way around. Am I missing a setting or something?

component cables allow the same resolution as hdmi. Most like the hdmi for the one cable resolution however some tv's (samsung) hdmi chip set is slightly different than dtv's causing multiple minor problems.

Actually, after alot of cable and component swapping, it looks like the H20's HDMI is not only incompatible with my Samsung DLP but also my JVC receiver (D411S). It never works with the JVC and sometimes works with my TV when I hard reset the H20. BTW, my DVD/HDMI works perfectly with both - very frustrating. And, when the H20 is connected to my JVC, it also interferes with the JVC's ability to upconvert S-video signals to HDMI - which also used to work...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts