H20 in front of Multiswitch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

finfan1313

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 12, 2008
I'd like to use an H20 with an RF Remote to feed several cable jacks. is it possible to use the following configuration:

Single cable from dish (5 lnb dish so therer are a total of 4 cables, I'd only want to hook one up to the H20) ---------->H20------>6 x 8 Multiswitch------->several cable jacks

That way I could just plug the tv into the wall jack, and carry the remote around to the different tv's, as I have more jacks in the house than I'll ever need boxes.

Thanks

Thanks Harsh, that's pretty clear cut.

Is there a way to put a split the signal after the multiswitch? Or is there no possible way to feed 2 jacks with the same receiver?

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to put a split the signal after the multiswitch?
Not with a WB68.
Or is there no possible way to feed 2 jacks with the same receiver?
It can be done with a Single Wire Multiswitch and SWM/FTM compatible receivers (models released in the last 18 months or so). SWM has a limitation of 8 compatible tuners (DVRs count as two tuners) and has a street price of around $400.

It sounds like you want to have a single H20 feed multiple televisions.. That's different than feeding multiple receivers, which is what a multiswitch (WB68 or SWM) does. You probably want a HDMI or Component distribution amp HDTV Distribution (Splitters) - KVMGalore® - Your KVM Switch Superstore™. If 480i will do, a RF modulator could feed several sets with cable and splitters (an ATSC HD RF modulator would be nice, but I don't think they exist).

Thanks for the suggestion Bob, I'll check that out. You're correct, I definitely want to use an H20 to feed multiple televisions, not multiple receivers.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion Bob, I'll check that out. You're correct, I definitely want to use an H20 to feed multiple televisions, not multiple receivers.

Thanks

finfan,
The H20 has 3 options for connecting to a TV, so you could connect the Component connection to your main TV, and there are 2 runs of Composite connections that you could run standard A/V cables to different TV's, you would not have HD in the other two TV's and you would have to watch the same channel at all locations, but you could use your RF remote to change channels in any room you decide.

Jimbo

You're correct, I definitely want to use an H20 to feed multiple televisions, not multiple receivers.
You need to be specific about what you want as opposed to telling us what you think you can do. If you want multiple televisions, you need to tell us as much. Leading off with a discussion of multiswitches isn't going to get us there. It would also help to know something about the televisions:

1. How many?
2. What kinds of displays (SD, ED, HD)?
3. Any in-place wiring you might have?
4. What other sources of programming will these TVs have?

If you're looking to hook up a bunch of SD TVs, I'd recommend an RF modulator as the most cost effective. You may have noticed that they aren't included with HD receivers.

You need to be specific about what you want as opposed to telling us what you think you can do. If you want multiple televisions, you need to tell us as much. Leading off with a discussion of multiswitches isn't going to get us there. It would also help to know something about the televisions:

1. How many?
2. What kinds of displays (SD, ED, HD)?
3. Any in-place wiring you might have?
4. What other sources of programming will these TVs have?

If you're looking to hook up a bunch of SD TVs, I'd recommend an RF modulator as the most cost effective. You may have noticed that they aren't included with HD receivers.

All good points Harshness ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts