h20 keeps rebooting with hdmi

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neynme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2006
I just took out my old h20-600 reciever to activate today. When i have it hook up with hdmi to my stereo reciever, it keeps rebooting the h20 reciever, the lights where it shows the resoultion for the h20 reciever keeps blinking from left to right like knight rider. When i hook up copoenent to the stereo reciever, everthing seems to be ok. I tried 2 diffrent hdmi cables already, and it's like that, only thing i'm waiting for to try is to plug the h20 straight into the tv hdmi. Anyone had this problem before?

I just took out my old h20-600 reciever to activate today. When i have it hook up with hdmi to my stereo reciever, it keeps rebooting the h20 reciever, the lights where it shows the resoultion for the h20 reciever keeps blinking from left to right like knight rider. When i hook up copoenent to the stereo reciever, everthing seems to be ok. I tried 2 diffrent hdmi cables already, and it's like that, only thing i'm waiting for to try is to plug the h20 straight into the tv hdmi. Anyone had this problem before?

Are you connnecting to a Samsung display? If so, check here for some possible answers:h20 hdmi samsung dlp - Google Search

You are connecting to an HDMI switching receiver and several of them have problems supporting earlier versions of HDMI (as used by many set-top boxes). Onkyo and Denon are the most often mentioned. They send a signal back to the H20 that it can't handle.
As usual, the satellite and cable box manufacturers point at the A/V receiver as the problem and the A/V receiver manufacturer says it is the satellite/cable box. The H20-600 works with most other HDMI switches and switching receivers so Denon/Onkyo are doing something unusual in their HDMI implementation. Unfortunately the state of the HDMI spec makes the whole issue difficult to sort out. Newer versions of the standard are supposed to support older versions but sometimes don't seem to.

your H20-600 will probably work fine when connected directly to the TV. Just run an optical audio cable from the H20 to the A/V receiver to get DD 5.1 audio.

I use to have this h20 hooked up to my pioneer receiver and it works. I'm just now taking it back out of the closet and hooking it back up and seeing it reboot all the time that's all. Very strange though

HDMI is really really fickle. My father in law's Dish 622 stop working with his Viewsonic 27" LCD using HDMI. We hooked up component and everything is fine. I gave up having him problem solve with the HDMI. And that size he wont see much difference.

Yes, HDMI is a problem connecting through an AV receiver. About three months ago I bought a new Yamaha amp with HDMI inputs and outputs and within a week lost all of the recordings on the new HR20 satellite receiver. Also lost all the programming for recording future programs. Soon found out a lot of people have had the same problem because the HDMI cable talks both ways, not just from HR20 to AV amp. My fix was to disconnect the HDMI going to the AV amp and connect it directly to the TV. No problems since. I have an HR10-250 I wanted to go through the AV amp with HDMI but had to go to component inputs to the TV to prevent another problem. Hopefully some day they will fix this because that was one of the reasons I bought this amp.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)