H20 loses sat signal, needs reboot to reaquire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffnoll

Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
I just bought an H20 and seem to be having problems.

Every day or so it seems I get a searching for signal message on the screen and the only way to get it back it to do a hard reset to force it to go through the acquiring sat info process again. It loses both satellite and OTA signals.

The HD reception also seems a little bit blotchy for lack of a real term. I'm displaying it on a new Vizio P50 and the skin tones seem a little bit blotched and especially the background gradients are not smooth. This is over an HDMI.

Temperature wise it seems awefully hot. I bought it at BB, should I just take it back and try my luck with another? It did do a firmware upgrade almost immediately after activation.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Could be a multi-switch going/gone bad (I had the same problem and my switch had gotten water in it). Another problem could be if you have the coax line from the wall going into a surge protector then to your receiver. This caused problems for me and had to by-pass the surge protector.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)