h20 owners - is there a way to modify channel selection when typing the #?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I do not have the 5LNB dish yet as the installer said it's not really necessary (since he's aiming at "nothing" anyway since they do not pick up yet) to install the 5LNB dish coupled with the snow on the roof from last night. They did install my H20, and it's a very nice receiver. The ONLY issue I have with it is when I type "2", "4", "5", or "7", it thinks I want the MPEG4 version and says "Channel not available."

I modified the favorites list, and now when I surf, or use the guide, the MPEG 4 versions are not on the list. However, if I type the # in directly, it goes to the MPEG4 version. Sure, I can hit the up arrow for channel to get SD 2, but I was wondering if I could fix that so it goes right where I want it to go.

I tried typing in 2-0 and 2-1 as well and that didn't help.

I believe this was due to a firmware upgrade and there is no way to fix this. you will have to wait until you get the 5 LNB up.

It used to be the way you want it before the firmware upgrade. However, I believe that they figured most people were purchasing the H20 to be able to get HD LIL, so they changed it. I love it the way it is, since my ReplayTV will now tune to the HD channel instead of the SD.

dervari said:
It used to be the way you want it before the firmware upgrade. However, I believe that they figured most people were purchasing the H20 to be able to get HD LIL, so they changed it. I love it the way it is, since my ReplayTV will now tune to the HD channel instead of the SD.
Seems dumb to me that they just didn't follow the favorites list you selected. If you picked all channels, then fine, you'd get the MPEG4. However, if you went through the trouble to set up the favorites list without the MPEG4 channels, then that would be fine. At the very least, make it an option!

Eventually I'll get the MPEG4 dish and it will go away, but the installer himself told us it's a waste of time in NY/NJ right now until the new satellites are where they need to be. He said most likely he'll have to revisit every place he has already installed to fine tune the signal once the new satellites are up and in orbit. He said right now, he can't see them at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts