H20-*** question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
AFAIK, just different manufacturers**, probabaly small cosmetic differences, perhaps slightly different BIOS, PCB, otherwise, functionally the same.

**H20
100= RCA/ Thompson
200= Samsung
300= Philips
400= Hughes
500= Humax
600= LG

Lynskyn said:
The -100 units have a much faster guide.

The -600 units have a MUCH better ota tuner. They also run hotter, but that can be controlled by proper venting.

The 600 units have terrible audio sync issues had 3 and all of them were the same had 2 100's and they work fine but they wont work via hdmi on my samsung tv when hdmi would work fine with the 600. Tired of swapping out units and just hooked up via component with the 100.

I've had both - the 600 and the 100. The 600 was VERY hot, and had other oddities --like the documented problem with stereo sound out of the optical out (you have to plug in RCA cables into the 600 outputs to get the output from the optical to be stereo). The 600 menu was VERY much slower than the 100, too.

The only plus I've heard on the the 600 is the off-the-air tuner being more sensitive.

Also, physically, the 100 is a larger unit than the 600.

Last edited:
I have had both the 100 and 600. My 100 is smaller than the 600 I had. I also have my 100 hooked up to my Samsung TV via HDMI and have had no issues with the picture. The guide is faster than the 600 and runs much cooler.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)