H20 resetting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Milwaukee12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Has anyone had any problems with the H20 resetting by itself? Whenever we try to watch Channel 6 WITI here in Milwaukee, it freezes and resets itself. And the last time it happened, my H10 froze as well. However, it did not reset. I just couldn't change the channel. Any suggestions?

Milwaukee12 said:
Has anyone had any problems with the H20 resetting by itself? Whenever we try to watch Channel 6 WITI here in Milwaukee, it freezes and resets itself. And the last time it happened, my H10 froze as well. However, it did not reset. I just couldn't change the channel. Any suggestions?

Yep, people all over the US including me have been having problems with the H20 rebooting while tuning a local OTA station and when it comes back up on the same channel reboots over and over. Try unplugging the receiver and then plugging in again. That has worked for some people. If not, disconnect the antenna and power up, change channels and then reconnect the antenna.
I just waited a few hours and mine started working again.

There is a lot more info at avsforum in the HDTV receiving equipment thread for the H20.

Here's what I did:
H20 was powered on for a week solid and received the F06 update.
Then at day 8, constant reboot on 3 OTA channels. Powered off H20 for 1hr.
Repowered back, quickly switched to a non-OTA channel at the 100% signal aquisuition.
Reselected my local market again, forcing another reload of the signal from the satellite.
Switched to one of the bad OTA channels. Auto reboots again.
After the final reboot, H20 so far so good on the OTA HD channels no more reboots.
I have a 3 LNB.
Rebooting problems seems to appear if you test out the OTA HD Antenna signal and it's maxed out at 100%.

I had the problem for a few weeks here in Detroit. It turned out to be a PSIP problem originating from the local station. Once they updated their PSIP generator/tables, the feed worked fine, but it was frustrating as until they did, the H20 would reboot everytime it was on the station. Call the station and speak to their engineer. There is info regarding the H20 rebooting in a thread I had going here last month (do a search) as well as one on http://forums.directv.com and on http://www.avsforum.com as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)