H20 with old dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

theGUYman

Original poster
Nov 10, 2005
Hello all: just got a H20 at Wal-mart, and installed it with my old dual LNB dish. Ok works just like my old G2 RCA. I did look around for some answers in the forum, but either my search abilities suck or... Anyway few questions:

- zip is 58271 (Pembina ND area). What mpeg4 channels will I ever receive eventually, or am I too far north?

- I would like to wait for the new slimline dish. In the meantime, what HD-lite channels are available on the old round dish at 101? If I upgrade to the 3 lnb dish as a short term fix, would I get more HD-lite channels?

- What triple LNB dish should I look for? Directv PH III or 3rd party, and what multiswitch if necessary?

- when I rewire, how many lines do I need to run into the house, with the 3 lnb and eventually the 5lnb slimline? I may have up to 3 receivers eventually, 2 for now as an old one is used to feed SD to my Series 2 Tivo, and the second is the H20.

- when and why do I need the 6x8 multiswitch??

Sorry if this has been answered before. Pointers would be helpful.

Last edited:
1) You should get the main four that correspond with the local market you are in now.

2) None really, the 101 currently only carries CBS out of LA and NY and NBC out of NY. http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/dtv101.html

3) Phase III is all you need, it's got a built in multiswitch with 4 outputs.

4) No rewiring needed, just additional runs from the dish to the new receivers as needed.

5) When you need more then 4 lines from the 5 LNB dish, you'll need the Zinwell 6 x 8 multiswitch that goes with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)