h20i receiver and moving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

superdave97

Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Hi,

Just trying to see if anyone might know about the H20i-100 receivers in the situation where you move out of the IP based DTV apartment complex to an area with a standard single dish setup would be needed.

I'm assuming these boxes have special firmware to look for DTV signal over ethernet instead of coax, since when I attempt to hook up the box to a normal dish from an existing standard installation, it just sits at purple screen looking for a DirecTV signal over ethernet.

When I called about my service and moving (moved cross country for work), none of the reps seem to understand the network based DTV connection and are unwilling to trade out the boxes.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

The Directv boxes don't get Directv signals over the internet, only from the satellites. What type of dish were you trying to use it with? If it is a non swm dish, then you need the bbc (base band converter) connected in line in order to get hd signals. You should have gotten something from the 101 satellite where most of the sd channels are located. If necessary, did you change the satellite type to the dish you are trying to use?

IF he can get into the menus when hooked up to the Sat dish, go into Repeat Sat Set Up and set it for the dish your currently using, that MAY help.

I have never seen a H20i recvr before.
The H20's were an older recvr, I can't imagine they brought them back around and added internet ...
This is interesting, need more info.

Are you sure it's a Directv recvr , whats the whole model number ?

No, the H20i is a special receiver for use only in MDUs using the MFH3 IP-based technology. The signal is delivered over an ethernet-based system inside the MDU. They CANNOT be used in a regular DirecTv system, they do not have the correct electronics to work there.

As far as getting them replaced, the OP needs to call DirecTV and talk to a supervisor, and if that does not work, needs to insist on talking to someone who understands MDU systems. The problem is that the people in the regular call centers know nothing about the special MDU technology.

If that does not work, send DirecTv an e-mail describing carefully that you are moving from an MFH3 MDU setup and your equipment will NOT work (and CANNOT be made to work) with a regular dish, see if that helps.

Ah, so the i wasn't just a typo. Sorry for not knowing about it superdave97.

Thanks,

Ya its a dtv receiver. When I signed up at the old apartment and asked if anything newer was available when they sent those units, they said those were the latest available for the type of dtv system in place. really annoying since with the last s/w update, the things are insanely slow.

I'll give customer service a call and see if i can get anyone. I've called 3 times already, and probably spent about 4 hours on the phone with them. It's really annoying, and if it weren't for the ETF, I'd just cancel.

IMG_0250.JPGIMG_0248.JPG

looking at the company that handles our MDU Directv account they do offer a ip option (ours is just a badass SWM setup)
http://www.am3inc.com/directv/advantage

DIRECTV IP Advantage

A simple and cost-effective IP-delivered solution that supports DIRECTV, HD, broadband and voice services
Uses IP-based technology, and the building's existing CAT5, CAT3, coax and cable wiring
Capable of delivering DIRECTV, terrestrial TV broadcast signals, voice, and broadband data
Local Content Insertion feature provides property owners with a flexible, simple way to deliver local content tailored to residents' needs
Compatible with all the newest "i" series DIRECTV Receivers
Remote Network Monitoring: entire system can be monitored over secure VPN connection to ensure smooth operation
Ideal for pre-wired Ethernet network properties
Supports more than 1,000 receivers per system, with additional scalability to be added in future releases

Yes, I think that's still the latest MFH3 receiver.

If you plan on keeping directv take the old reciecer to the dump! Trying to get your old account when you move is prolly no longer an option. I've done several of these. They'll set up a "movers connect" and the tech will have to call in and set you up with a new account. Huge PINA but on the flip side, new equipment, new customer promos

Never personally ran into this like hutch has, but it does make sense. Id sell the box on ebay not alot of these out there. Call in to see if its owned or leased.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Never personally ran into this like hutch has, but it does make sense. Id sell the box on ebay not alot of these out there. Call in to see if its owned or leased.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

We have a trailer park in my area the used them and the company flopped so all the people needed tv hooked back. Only reason I know how it works. Huge PITA! I can't stress that enough :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)