H21-H25 & HR20-HR24 CE Release 11/25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE
H21 • H23 • H24 • H25
HR20 • HR21 • HR22 • HR23 • HR24
(all manunfacturers)

Note that this is now a unified thread for ALL HD receivers and DVRs except H20.

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, November 25, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30 AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
*VERY HIGH RISK*

New features
Energy Star
YouTube and TV Apps launch icons

Improved/Updated
My DIRECTV
Menu Icons
Channel change animation from live streaming iPad app
2 Second banner
Under the hood

Notes
VERY HIGH RISK No way to revert to NR black UI
This release features the new HD UI.
You may need to re-enter IAMANEDGECUTTER to send logs
This CE may remove your guide cache. Please allow up to 24 hrs to restore your full 14 day guide.
Your STB may restart during idle time within the first 24-48 hours of CE download
You will lose your guide cache when reverting from CE to national.
Please do not report sluggish issues or missing search results within the first 12 hours after download

The Energy star mention scares me. I hope they're not going to make the fans run less, and get the hard drives hotter.

I'll do it. Running the national release now so if it isn't stable, can just revert.

Hope no problems!

I'll do it. Running the national release now so if it isn't stable, can just revert.

Hope no problems!

let us know how its goes please and ty...wait till at least 20 past the hour ot 11pm est 10pm cst and 9pm mst and 8pm west coast time and hope you have no problems :) good luck :)

i wonder if its worth it since very high risk :confused::)

Why would you say that ?

If your a tester, you test ...
Use the software and if you have issues report it .... if it runs great, report it here as well.

Just because it's High Risk, doesn't mean it's bad, just means it's New, theres a High Risk warning everytime theres New software cycle coming out.

Why would you say that ?

If your a tester, you test ...
Use the software and if you have issues report it .... if it runs great, report it here as well.

Just because it's High Risk, doesn't mean it's bad, just means it's New, theres a High Risk warning everytime theres New software cycle coming out.

true :)

im debating on my hr 24 hd dvr and hd receiver i may just try it on my hr 24 hd receiver in my bedroom to see how it goes and if it works do it on the main room if it dont work then i wont do it in main room...lets all hope it works good :)

My HR22 was the "free" HD DVR I got when I first signed up to D*. Since I payed out of pocket for my other 'leased" receivers,it seems the easy choice is to "sacrifice" the HR22 on the "altar of CE technology."

I always try the R22 in the computer room....if it screws up no worries (I use it as a backup backup DVR) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)