H24/700 Really Hot!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just did a temp update and its 136 degrees it runs 136 to 140 now but in a entertainment center it runs 150 degrees I wonder if the receiver runs kinda hot cause it has built in deca I read on the other site that a deca adapter caught fire hope my receiver don't catch fire since it runs kinda hot. If anybody else could post some temperature readings on their h24 it might help me to decide to get my receiver replacement or not

Bingo: How much airflow gets around the H24 in that entertainment center? You may need to take it out of there and set it on top or something. People don't realize how hot electronic components can get if the air flow is restricted around them. I have an Onkyo AVR I had to take the shelf out over it in my entertainment center otherwise you could fry an egg on it.

Well this is on a h24/700 which of course don't have a fan cause its just a HD receiver only thing is if they replace it it will be prolly an older model

johnny58259 said:
Well this is on a h24/700 which of course don't have a fan cause its just a HD receiver only thing is if they replace it it will be prolly an older model

Older model or burn down your house? I'd pick burn down the house too ;)

Just got off the phone and directv tech support said that 140 is within normal temperature range but if it gets a whole lot hotter it will give u an error message too hot and shut down untill it cools down is this true?

Just to update I tried something new I have my receiver sitting up on the end where the bottom can get plenty of airflow and now my temp dropped to 116 I believe that is more normal

Just got off the phone and directv tech support said that 140 is within normal temperature range but if it gets a whole lot hotter it will give u an error message too hot and shut down untill it cools down is this true?

Yes, this is true.

The recvr will shut down on it's own if it reaches a certain temp (150* I think it was) and will not operate till it drops below a certain temp, btw, it also will do the same if it's too COLD, till it warms up.

I've had this happen in the Motorhome a few years back when I didn't have enough airflow to it (much harder to accomplish in the MH), since I have moved it and re routed cables.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts