H24-700 won't connect to internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

canyonleo

Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Rockies
I never really tried to connect by H24-700 (yes, it's an H24 not an HR24 as noted in the title, sorry) to the internet before - when I had it all installed there was little available via the connection (no such things as apps, I don't purchase events/movies), and I'd have a cable stretching across a doorway and floor.

But today, for fun, I took a very long ethernet cable from my router in the office and connected to the HR-700, but when I go to Menu>Apps it tells me it's not connected to the internet. At the back of the H24-700 where the port is (RJ-45?) the lights are solid orange and blinking yellow, and I think a green would signify a connection?

I've tried rebooting the unit twice (once by removing power, once by using the red button behind the card door) while keeping the network cable connected, and that didn't work.

Any ideas before I give D*TV a call? Thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

I went looking in the Settings options, and tried Network Setup > Network Services > Connect Now.

It still won't connect (301 code).

So, I'm still wondering what's needed to connect (I know the cable and home network are working).

Also, if I can get the H24-700 to connect, I have an HR24-500 upstairs, connected to my H24-700 (those are my only two boxes) by Whole Home DVR service. If the H24 is connected and working with the internet, will Whole Home allow the HR24 to connect to the internet through the H24?

Thx!

Last edited:
I believe that hooking up the Ethernet like you mentioned will disable the MRV.

Someone hop in here and correct this if I'm wrong, but I think I'm thinking about the right connections.

Jimbo said:
I believe that hooking up the Ethernet like you mentioned will disable the MRV.

Someone hop in here and correct this if I'm wrong, but I think I'm thinking about the right connections.

You're correct. Hooking directly in disables the built in deca

Jimbo said:
So, what other options does the OP have, so he knows whats available ...

There's no real benefit to having anything other then an HDDVR hooked up. If he wants the apps that bad a broadband deca Would be needed if he wants to keep MRV

I will let him have mine also i cant even get my 34 or 24 connected to get any on demands

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)